What's a good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good price?

Found a used model 3 a the local shop -- a little worn but not run down -- what would be a good price?

They're asking $300.

D>

Re: What\'s a good price?

I say its too much. I've been watching these go on ebay for $200 to $300 in varying conditions. I picked up a Model 4 from a local shop, all original except for an overspray (removable) for $150.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

It's on the high side. A year ago they started going up over the 200.00 range, but typically model 2-3's can be had for the 150-250 range. If you shop for a few weeks, you should come across a decent deal for a real clean one.

Comment

Seems a bit high if it's not in minty condition. It's always worth a shot to haggle. Here is the import bluebook thread. It is very helpful & pretty accurate, but it seems that lately the neck-through models have crept up a bit, at least on Ebay.

Comment

Thanks guys -- forgot to mention that it includes the case as well.

D>

Comment

A chainsaw case is worth about 25-35.00 depending on the condition. The hinges are usually the first to pull out from the tabs coming unbent.

Comment

I agree-you can probably find it cheaper. BUt it is still pprobably better than any other 300 dollar guitar out there, so try and haggle. I'd say 250 would be fair if the case is in good shape.

Comment

Good shape? Here is a GOOD shape for ya:

http://www.ostol.osakk.fi/~mapaanan/charvel/

Anyway, Model 3 is one of the best Charvels of all time, I think. Used to have Tokais, Ibanez's etc etc and a couple of american Fenders too, but mod 3 has been my favorite since I got it. Personally, I don't like active electronics too much, so mod 1-3 are great choices and model 3 is the best in my book. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh well, did some figurin' and can't squeeze another axe in at this time anyway -- not until I can scrap up some disposable funds -- damn I hate responsibility.

D>

Comment

Working...
                  X