No announcement yet.

Time too introduce myself and my Model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear that there wasn't a difference in colour after the film was removed. Red can fade a bit, and some plastic films have UV inhibitors that will block the damaging UVrays to a degree.
    The previous owner obviously took great care of it, and likely had it in a case most of the time.
    You were in the right place at the right time for the Hamer!!
    Definitely lucky!!
    Reminds of a local auction I went to about 4 years ago where I picked up a small box of tools for $10.00. There was a box of walkie talkie parts that hadn't sold previously, so the auctioneer decided to tack it onto my lot for free. At first I didn't want it, but what the hell. I had absolutely no use for those things, so I thought I'd make $ 20 on ebay with them.
    The damned things ended up selling for $ 1400.00!!!!!
    So I think I know how you felt at the moment when you thought you were going to s#!t yourself! Me and my wife were just staring at the computer screen in disbelief.
    That's my lucky story. I think it'd be hard to top yours though. You should post pictures of it and let others drool too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 37fiat
      Good to hear that there wasn't a difference in colour after the film was removed. Red can fade a bit, and some plastic films have UV inhibitors that will block the damaging UVrays to a degree.
      The previous owner obviously took great care of it, and likely had it in a case most of the time.
      You were in the right place at the right time for the Hamer!!
      Definitely lucky!!
      Reminds of a local auction I went to about 4 years ago where I picked up a small box of tools for $10.00. There was a box of walkie talkie parts that hadn't sold previously, so the auctioneer decided to tack it onto my lot for free. At first I didn't want it, but what the hell. I had absolutely no use for those things, so I thought I'd make $ 20 on ebay with them.
      The damned things ended up selling for $ 1400.00!!!!!
      So I think I know how you felt at the moment when you thought you were going to s#!t yourself! Me and my wife were just staring at the computer screen in disbelief.
      That's my lucky story. I think it'd be hard to top yours though. You should post pictures of it and let others drool too!!!
      Damn,,even though it doesn't have anything to do with guitars that's a nice hefty profit you made on of all things "walkie talkie" parts.....lol!

Comment

I'm in trouble and I am man enough to admit I have a problem. Do they have any program like AA for guitaraholics, maybe GA. No sooner did I pick up this Model 5 which I am more than happy with I am now wanting a Model 6. It just never ends. I always think to myself....."if I just get this guitar I will happy and completely satisfied" then when i end up getting the guitar no matter how happy I am with it I am never satisfied, I just move on to the next guitar I have to have and then think to myself "only then will I be satisfied".....and it goes on and on and on and on and on...........I'm sure there's others with the disease of Guitar addiction!!!!!!!! care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Sitamoia50
          I'm in trouble and I am man enough to admit I have a problem. Do they have any program like AA for guitaraholics, maybe GA. No sooner did I pick up this Model 5 which I am more than happy with I am now wanting a Model 6. It just never ends. I always think to myself....."if I just get this guitar I will happy and completely satisfied" then when i end up getting the guitar no matter how happy I am with it I am never satisfied, I just move on to the next guitar I have to have and then think to myself "only then will I be satisfied".....and it goes on and on and on and on and on...........I'm sure there's others with the disease of Guitar addiction!!!!!!!! care to share?

All of us have it.

Welcome.

Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Yeah, this guitar thing IS very addictive!!
            I hadn't played since the mid 80's, picked up my guitar again about two months ago, now I'm right back into it. Of course it was very different back then, as there was no internet, and the selection of guitars at your local store or mail order was all you had. Come a looong way!!
            So much easier to blow ALL of your money now!!

Comment

Welcome Sitamoi...sit....newbie!

Yes both Model 5 & 6 are considered Charvel versions of the Soloist. They both have Poplar bodies with Rock Maple through necks.

For more details (and to throw more fuel on your G.A.S. ), check out the 1987 catalog: http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...orts/index.htm
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                Welcome Sitamoi...sit....newbie!

Yes both Model 5 & 6 are considered Charvel versions of the Soloist. They both have Poplar bodies with Rock Maple through necks.

For more details (and to throw more fuel on your G.A.S. ), check out the 1987 catalog: http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...orts/index.htm
                Thanks so much for the catalog link. Very cool and very useful.........

Comment

Welcome. They are great guitars. I will never sell mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X