Charvel Predator w/case $249

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Predator w/case $249

at my local guitar shop, theres a Charvel Predator, blue sparkle finish with case for 250 bucks. Im not familiar with Charvels, or the predator for that matter, but is this a pretty decent price for one of these guitars? I havent looked at it yet.

Re: Charvel Predator w/case $249

If it is in reasonably good shape and has the original hardshell case (or a good aftermarket case) I would say that is a good deal. Definitely try to haggle down, but if you end up paying full price you still got a fair deal.

Comment

Predators are great guitars. Try to get it for around $200.00 and you will have scored a nice axe at a great price. Make sure it is clean and missing nothing. A case is certainly a plus because it has a reverse headstock and they sometimes don't fit into many form fitting cases.

Comment

it doesnt have a reverse headstock.

anyways, i played it today, it played nice, but im going to get them to lower the action a tad because it was a bit too high for my tastes. it played great, the paint was in great condition. its a really pretty sparkle green, the headstock matches the body too. 24 frets, Schaller double locking black floyd. Seymour Duncan humbucker and 2 rail looking single coils. 5 way switch. master volume and a strange master tone. i say its strange because instead of making it dark/bright, it makes it humbucker/strat sounding. i dunno, maybe im just thinking too much!

it comes with this sweet silver charvel case. it looks totally awesome. $249 bucks for all of that and he even said he would give me FREE LIFETIME setups and adjustments.

the serial number on the backplate said 368594. is there a website where i can do a check on this to make sure its legit? ive heard that theres alot of imposter Charvels out there (ed roman's site haha) and i want to be 100% sure this guitar isnt a lemon

Comment

another thing besides the non-reverse headstock that i noticed was that it had 2 single coils instead of 1. the predators that i hear/read about have a reverse headstock and 1 slanted single. strange?

Comment

Not a predator then. Model 275DLX. I believe the concensus is that they're just a step above the Charvettes. Two-fiddy for one with a case? I'd talk him down to a buck-sevntyfive...
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd, he mentioned that it has 2 singles and a hum. Wouldn't that make it a 375? A Duncan hum along with what sounds like Duncan hotrails along with a chainsaw case sounds like a great deal for $249.00. Oh yea... and another thing.. lay of insulting my 275dlx. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] It is at least 3 steps ahead of a Charvette. I love mine. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds more like a Fusion Custom... 24 frets, H-S-S, matching headstock.

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...-90-page22.jpg
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

I think he's saying that the humbucker is actually 2 singles. But if I'm wrong, then yes, 375DLX it is and more worth the two-fiddy than the 275DLX is. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (sorry man)
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

The matching headstock and the 5 way switch are more clues. What does the headstock say on it? It sounds like it might not even be a "model" guitar. Give me the name of the store. I will buy it and tell all you guys what it is. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeez, I really need to read these posts instead of skimming..
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                        the serial number on the backplate said 368594. is there a website where i can do a check on this to make sure its legit? ive heard that theres alot of imposter Charvels out there (ed roman's site haha) and i want to be 100% sure this guitar isnt a lemon
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's no reason to fake an import Charvel. They're not as collectible as the USAs.

I'm thinking that the paint job isn't original. The matching headstocks with the script-logoed Charvels were neck-thru guitars.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

it looked exactly like this one,
                          http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...-90-page22.jpg

except a sparkle light green paint job on both the body and headstock. Same logo as that blue one too. i can tell how the bottom horn is sort of rounded off or something like the one in that link.

the 2 rail single coils dont have a name on them, but the humbucker in the bridge is Seymour Duncan, dont know the model though.

Comment

Ahhh a Fusion... (again, I've gotta stop skimming) But no shade of green is listed as a standard color for it.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

yeah i know what you mean, but how did they get the headstock painting the exact same color without ruining/covering the logo?

Comment

Working...
                              X