Possible New Aquisition: Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Aquisition: Questions...

A friend of mine snagged this yesterday because he thought I might want it...

..He's right about the "want" part, hehe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, what model is this? I think it's probably worth around $300-350. That sound right? TIA [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Possible New Aquisition: Questions...

It's a 375 Deluxe, I think. I had 375 Special - the same guitar w/o the maple top - and it was an excellent little player. I still regret selling it.

I'd say $300 would be a very fair price for that guitar w/a full EMG set in it. They're nice guitars, but they haven't help their value too well.

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

That is Bee-u-tee-ful! And I have nothing against dot inlays at all. May I ask how much it was snagged for? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That is sweet. I really like the maple top on that one. I would say 300-350 is fair-the EMG's themselves plus installation if you had a tech do it wouldn't be much less than that, plus you get a phatty guitar at the same time.

Comment

That looks to be in really good shape, so I think that $300-350 w/EMGs is a fair price. More than that, though, and you're getting into Charvel neckthru territory.

Comment

Got it! It's nice and MINT. I mean not a scratch on it. Looks like the guy just threw a set of EMG's in there and then sold it. Cool! Now I finally have a Charvel in the family [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a real beauty! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I wish my friends would be on the lookout for sweet deals like that. Unique & cool pattern on the top. It kind of reminds me of a soundwave form.

Comment

Anybody know the specs on this? Michael said it's a 375 Deluxe which sounds right and from the logo and serial I would say it's an early 90's (352458). When did they stop making these again? I think it's alder with maple but it could be all maple too, it's heavy. Doesn't have the beveled body or the scallop and has the Schaller made trem. Defintely a cool guitar with a nice mellow sound. Thanks.

Comment

The thing that really interests me is the figuring on the back of the guitar. It appears to be 2 piece & bookmatched. Is it solid maple?

Comment

That's what I am trying to find out. It is heavier than my other two. It's possible I guess. Wish I knew more about it. I do know this though - the more I play it the more I like it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just speculation, but I think the top and the back are maple veneers, hence the transition to the solid color around the body and beveled edges. The core wood could be poplar or alder.
                      Very nice guitar!

Comment

Ooops, pics disappeared....

I love this guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar, I like that finish. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                          X