JT-6 Tremelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-6 Tremelo

Hi, I'm new here and since I've discovered this board I've decided to pull out my old Model 3 and start using it again. It was the first good guitar I got with the help of my parents.

My question is does anybody else have the problem with the bar in the JT-6 being loose? The bar does not sit firm and snug in the socket. Not like how an Original Floyd Rose sits snug with the little screw cap on the bar. I have replaced the bar with an Ibanez bar because I broke the original. This loose bar is what I really don't like about the JT-6.

Re: JT-6 Tremelo

I'd suggest either replacing the entire tremolo with a Floyd Rose, or replacing the arm with the "collared" bar.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

If I replace it with a Floyd Rose should I replace the locking nut or leave it? Thanks for the reply and the link.

Comment

You can leave the original locking nut. I have found (which is quite counter to most on this Forum) that a Floyd cannot accurately replace the JT-6. Usually the route is too tight to allow the wider/bulkier arm base to fit in the guitar. And there is almost always an unstable balance of the trem against the posts. I've tried this with maybe 10 C/J's. There is absoulutely no difference in tone between the Floyd and JT-6, again, I've tried it 10 times. And if properly set up and fully functioning, there's no performance difference either. I'd leave the JT-6 as is and replace the arm receptacle as Tekky mentioned.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

OK, I'm going to order a replacement arm from the link that Tekky supplied. Once I get that and take the guitar in for a setup it will set to rock once again. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thanks for the help. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Are we talking "hozzle" ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X