Model 6 Chavel by Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 Chavel by Jackson

I just bought a model 6 charvel by Jackson electric guitar. I was told at the store it was Anerican made, is this true, and how can i find out. I have called the "factory" and they cant seem to find any records under the serial number. If anyone can help please let me know.

Re: Model 6 Chavel by Jackson

i think model 6's are japanese. at least some of them are. ive never seen an american one.

anyone else wanna back me up?

Comment

Thanks for your response. I was told mine was a 1986. And it is a neck though. Does that make a diffrence?

Comment

Hi Newbies!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

ALL Charvel Model series were made in Japan.
        ALL Model 6s are neck-through.

They are great guitars! Let's see a pic!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So, wrong forum! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry Dude, I guess I'll be hangin out with the Japs. LOL I was a bit misslead when i bought the guitar. Now i gotta trade it in! Thanks Guys!
            Would you happen to know the value of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo:
              Sorry Dude, I guess I'll be hangin out with the Japs. LOL I was a bit misslead when i bought the guitar. Now i gotta trade it in! Thanks Guys!
              Would you happen to know the value of it?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On ebay, btw $350 and $575. Not bad for a 18 year old guitar.

Comment

How much did you pay?

And, you're not getting rid of it because it's not US made, are ya? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

If you were misled, maybe go back to the shop and angrily demand a refund? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Charvel Model 6, made in Japan, great guitars!!!!

1986-Kahler trems
                  1987-88 Jackson JT-6 Floyd Rose knock-offs.

Comment

The quality of those guitars is pretty comparable to a USA Soloist except for the rosewood board and regular maple as opposed to quartersawn. It's pretty much the same guitar performance wise for about half the $ of a USA model.

If you really don't want it, maybe the seller will take it back based on the fact he said it was a USA model which is untrue. It was misrepresented to you. If he won't take it back based on that, or tries to screw you on some of the money you spent, turn him in to the Better Business Bureau.

BTW, that guitar, in MINT condition, with original tweed case, is worth about $550. If you paid more, or it's in real "used" condition (dings, scratches,fretwear) then it should be more like $375 with case or a bit more depending on condition. Also, an 86 with the Kahler is worth less $ than the later ones with the JT-6 just because most people prefer Floyds and don't like Kahlers much.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

japanese or not, it's a great guitar!!
                      why trade it in if you liked it when you bought?
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Unfortunately micha, some players hate the idea of have a "japanese" built guitar. I don't get it either my friend as I love these things and it's crazy to spend that kind of money on a USA model for the same basic thing.

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

jap guitars fockin shred!

Comment

yeah, me instead, I love the idea of having a great guitar for the low buck... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sure, cool guitars are built in the USA, but there are other countries that do a great job too.

still don't get the point in buying a fine guitar and not wanting it anymore just because it's not built in the US? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

the japanese make better cars, so why cant they make better guitars? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I say they can

Comment

Working...
                              X