• Show
Clear All

• KidPredator's Frankenvel - Model 2/475

Charvel 475 neck
    Model 2 body
    EMG 85
    OFR

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: KidPredator\'s Frankenvel - Model 2/475

I used to own a 475 myself - those necks are REALLY nice - REAL MOP sharkies!

Here's a rear view of the guitar which is named "Killdozer" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] :

Comment

Thanks Ron for putting up some pics for me!

"Killdozer" was a name given to me by my good friend Vinny, the lead singer of Borderwars. He saw it when I was building it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Definitely an axe that would not be here if it weren't for quite a few fine people here on the JCF! Model6lover and Budman Dave are in there, heck Chucksplatter's sending me her case now haha

Yes the trem cover is installed now! Allen wrenches in place too!

Please excuse my dirty wall guys [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 21, 2004, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: KidPredator ]

Comment

I hesitated to post this pic because I hate that flash glare, but it does show off the EMG, Budman's really neat pickup ring, and the Original Floyd Rose:

Comment

Plus it shows my fingerprint hahaha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damn Flash glare!

That OFR came to me stuck in a 3DR body BTW. That guy must have done some serious wang bang for that one!

But a nice cleanup, repaint and saddles and voila! I think it looks great with the Allen head style Jackson screws instead of the OFR flathead screws that go into the body, they aren't as rusty as they look in the pic either.

Comment

Very cool Kid P. That neck looks killer on the model 2 body now find an old school charvel logo and put it on there.I got the 475 body that was attached to that neck from MODEL6LOVER and the build is on.I'm thinking road hazard yellow with a rev headstock bound neck with sharks.Man I can't get over how good that neck looks on a model 2. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey, KidPredator, where were you on the night of January 15, 2000? Remember, I have your fingerprints now! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by KidPredator:

"Killdozer" was a name given to me by my good friend Vinny, the lead singer of Borderwars.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Was that the band that used to be called Hatework?????????

Comment

Nice! It would look schweeeet with a old school Charvel logo! I bet that is a serious shred machine!
                  [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys, because without you, this axe wouldn't exist honestly!

Richard : I think RHY would be a great color for that body, and I bet it is in great shape! I have tought of the old school Charvel logo, but I am not so confident in removing the old one / replacing w/ the old one properly. I figured it's a Charvel either way [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The neckplate has the old logo!

charvel750 : Whatever it was, I plead guilty! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Evol : You are right on the money!

wulfe13 : I would like to put the old logo on, but again, I don't know if I trust myself for the hehe. And yes, this one screams!

Comment

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually prefer the script logo. Very cool guitar by the way. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That looks great!! I love the neck on my 475 and sharkfins rule!!
                        Ryan

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Travis and rgto!

She actually just did an excellent cover of 'Breaking the Chains' and 'Into the Fire' today. She does Lynch to a T with my 5150!

Comment

I'm surprised no one commented on my pick in the first pic...

Ron? What's up? I thought my Viking bro caught all the little stuff [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by KidPredator:

Evol : You are right on the money!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did they ever find a lead guitar player? I was talking to them when I moved here in 2001 but I'm in L.A. and they were in S.F IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X