No announcement yet.

Here's my Budman modified Model 4!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here\'s my Budman modified Model 4!!!

Originally posted by RacerX:
    $40?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh no...that's WAY more than they go for!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Wow another beauty made even nicer by Dave. Keep up the good work. If you haven't tried Dave's parts, don't hesitate to do so. They are seriously TOP NOTCH quality and fit perfectly. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone:
        I really like the Red Bear amp. To me, it sounds very similar to my old Marshall Super leads from the early 70's. It is 60 watts, and the speakers are 30-watt Celestions, but not Greenbacks. The Red Bear amps have been discontinued some time back, and there really aren't that many around. They were made in the Soviet Union, and I believe they were originally distributed by Gibson here in this country. Cool thing about it is that they don't cost that much at all. So you can get a cool Marshall type sound for a lot less money. I'd tell you what I paid for it, but you'd never believe me.
        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Dana <~~~
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool guitar!

FWIW - the Red Bears were/are great, very similiar to the Sovtek Migs....If you really want to blow your mind - send it to Mark Cameron for his Doug Aldrich mod, it will breath fire! His mods start at around $300 and since you probably have about $200 into the amp [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] you wont be out much and you'll swear it's the best Marshall sound you've ever heard -

Again, nice work on your guitar!

Steve E

Comment

I think those Brass bits really look great..they look classy imo without being over the top [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf

Comment

Speed monkey...that's a great idea to have the Red Bear modded. I didn't think there was anyone who modded these things, because from what I understand, (and I don't understand much about amps), they are made pretty strangely. And you're right...I paid $200 for the half-stack. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf11...thanks man, I agree. The guitar looks classy without going too far with the pimped-out look.
            Dana <~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead