Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics for Todd/TEKKY...my de-modded Model 6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics for Todd/TEKKY...my de-modded Model 6...

This guitar was a pawnshop find. It already had the active circuit removed when I got it, so I decided to go the simple route, which is what I prefer. The green Dimarzio Super 3 pickup was purchased from LD of this forum, and the guitar now has only a volume knob, and a kill switch. All the other holes are empty. (anybody got plugs for 'em??) You like??? I do!!
    Dana <~~~

'85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Re: Pics for Todd/TEKKY...my de-modded Model 6...

what kind of singles are on there? whats that picture?

Comment

Sweet!!!

You should try and snag some red single coils for it! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

dude use little bity carriage bolts and paint them acordingly(white in your case)i do it to most of mine cause i usualy only use 1 hum.ive posted some pics of them, you could find them doin a search if you wan't to scope 'em out [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        MOSH ON
        DAVE.
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

OH, BTW... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] SWEET AXE
          and love the old carvin cab behind it, i love mine. did yours come with 150 watt celestion sidewinders too?
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Aw man.... put it back.... please... that hurts just seeing that!
            Why not just get a Model 5A or whatever it's called. The single hum neck thru from the same time.
            I've been wanting a white Model 6....

Comment

Thanks guys! I love the Model 6 in this form.

PAV...what kind of singles?? There aren't any singles...those holes are empty. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Todd...if I could find a red single, I might put it in the neck position. I don't like pickups in the middle position because it interferes with my picking. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Moshwitz...thanks man...ummm...what exactly are carriage bolts? [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] And no, my Carvin has CTS speakers that came out of a 70's model Carvin cab. You know, the ones that had the handle on the top?? They were weird ones.

Wulfe13...well, as I explained, I can't really put it back to original, because it did not come with the parts. It was already bastardized when I got it. The 2 single coils weren't even connected, the control cavity was a mess, and the active circuit was gone. It would cost me as much to put it back to original as I paid for the entire guitar. Plus, they're a dime a dozen where I live. I'm getting ready to do the exact same thing to my 650XL...so you won't like it, either. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Dana <~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Shit, dude, if mod 6's/650's are a dime a doezen where you live, I want to live there. Sweet axe, though. I think you should do what you want to do to it. That way, you'll always be happy.

Comment

Travis...the location is Austin, Texas. Model Series Charvels are in pawnshops here all the time. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Dana <~~~
                  '85 Rhoads Custom
                  '86 SD Str*t
                  '86 Model 4 (5)
                  '87 Model 1
                  '87 Model 6
                  '88 Model 3DR
                  '90 650 XL
                  '94 KE-3
                  '97 DR Amberburst
                  '97 Dinky BOFlames
                  '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone:
                    Todd...if I could find a red single, I might put it in the neck position. I don't like pickups in the middle position because it interferes with my picking. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too, but in my Dinky STD, I lowered the middle pickup to the same height as the pickguard. It sits flush with it now.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey! I thought I was the only one who stripped down a Model 6...feel free to laugh, but we thought we were cool back in '91...

The guitar did eventually get re-painted with the electronics put back in. It was originally burgundy mist and I painted it frost green...should have left it alone, it took FOREVER to remove the paint...

Comment

Travis...the location is Austin, Texas. Model Series Charvels are in pawnshops here all the time. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Dana <~~~
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Must be, because weren't they made in Texas? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Moshwitz...thanks man...ummm...what exactly are carriage bolts? Dana <~~~
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">These:

Dave->
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hey, that Model 6 does look like mine. Cool!

Thanks Dave. I've seen those type of bolts...just didn't know what they were called. I'm going to try to find some the right size to fit those holes.

Ebbflow...oh yes, of course. All the Model series Charvels were made in Ft. Worth. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Dana <~~~
                            '85 Rhoads Custom
                            '86 SD Str*t
                            '86 Model 4 (5)
                            '87 Model 1
                            '87 Model 6
                            '88 Model 3DR
                            '90 650 XL
                            '94 KE-3
                            '97 DR Amberburst
                            '97 Dinky BOFlames
                            '05 SD Copperhead