Charvel Model A Vs McNaught Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model A Vs McNaught Phoenix

I just made a painful and expensive realization. As far as tone goes, my $550 Model A is a lot better sounding than my $5000 McNaught. Can you believe that?

Scott

Re: Charvel Model A Vs McNaught Phoenix

Yep. I love my Model A....

Comment

Yes. Oh..I like your Red Baron avatar. It rocks.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Well then, sell it and buy a bunch more Charvels!

Comment

Yes, I probably will be selling the McNaught. I will probably take a loss though. Thanks for the compliment about the avatar.

Comment

I'll give you a grand for the McNaught. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

How about a grand and a ass kicking for buying it from Ed Roman.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's your problem. It's tainted. (And who knows what the hell he did to it.) [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I could never spend that kind of $ on a McNaught. Thats investment grade pricing, and the resale value just isn't there with that name. I would sooner spend it on a PRS artist grade, McInturff, Suhr or something.

Comment

The Model A is a great guitar for an import. I'm sure most here will disagree with me but I prefer the Model A over the Model 6.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ed roman [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

i've tried a mcnaught and a model A and there is no way in hell a model A would sound better.

the mcnaught that i tried was every bit as good, if not better than a prs in tone and playability.

i've also played a model A, i thought they played good, but the sound was pretty average.

if you bought the guitar from ed roman, maybe its a fake.

i heard stories of him faking bodies, parts and etc.

Comment

I actually confirmed it was made by McNaught, thank god. I got lucky I guess because I have heard plenty of stories of the fakes.

Comment

I actually confirmed it was made by McNaught, thank god. I got lucky I guess because I have heard plenty of stories of the fakes.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He's making blatant copies now... http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/home_vik.htm

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X