Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion?

Hello guys,

I just found in a local shop a "new" Charvel CX392. I tried to find some info on this one by searching in all the old catalogues, but did'nt find anything.

The specifications are the following :

-Dinky body,
    -White without pickguard,
    -Vintage trem,
    -Three single coils (Charvel or jackson pickups, can't remember).
    -Strathead
    -Jackson tuning machines.

The neck seems similar to my Dinky X1.

This guitar has waited in the shop for more than 10 years now. Officially, it's a new one, but as the guys in the shop are not really painstaking, the guitar got some dings and scratches. They say they can sell it to me at 400$. I wonder if it worth it? Your opinion.

I always wanted to buy a strat to play some rock or bluesy stuff, so if I can have mostly a strat with the charvel logo, it seems cool.
    What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Re: What\'s your opinion?

waaaay too much money. Not a bad guitar, but they were entry level imports.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Even if it's NOS, if it has dings and scratches it should be more in the $150.00-ish range.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Get a cheap Fender Strat and put a Charvel logo on it.

Every time I see a used CX series guitar I pick it up to play it and I'm disapointed every time. Some of the bodies may even be plywood.

Run...Run away...

Comment

Thanks for the advice [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . I wasn't sure about it, but if you tell me that it's way too much, and that the guitar suck anyway, I'll let it rot another decade in the shop ( [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] poor guitar)!
          What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

THe CX series was basically a rehashing of the Charvette series. They are decent, but even new back in the mid nineties they were in the 250-300 range. I agree that 150-ish sounds about right.

Comment

I had a CX392 and it wa sa great playing and great sounding guitar. The trem fluttered for ever infact its still fluttering from the last tiem i flicked the bar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Mine was sloid Basswood and had H/S/H jackson pups and the JT580LP trem. had some dings and dents but cosmetics don't bother me as much as playability and tone. It has aneck very similar to a model series. Felt like my model 3 Although that is a bit high.
              Gil

Comment

Seems that the quality of the CX series was a bit spotty? I bought a CX about 5 years ago and it was well worth the $100 I spent. Like jacksonfreaks's, it has a solid basswood body. I gotta agree though - $400 is WAY too much!

Comment

This reminds me of a pawn shop near me. They have a Rhoads Performer listed at $400.00. Never mind that the Kelly Professional they had sat there for over a year at $400.00, then for six more months after they reduced it to $200.00.

I went in there today and they have a Dinky Professional with case for $450.00.

Some folks just don't get it.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

On the 'Bay there's a Charvel 475DLX-Exotic and the askin' price is about $850, I had to chuckle when I saw that...
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                    X