ID please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID please

Hi! Can you guys tell me what model this is?

Thanks!

Thomas

Re: ID please

looks like a Model 2 with an added neck pickup. Look at the angle on that!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, I did think that neck-pu was a bit too angled... So, defenitely not legit?

Comment

it looks legit alright. The body's right, Charvel neck, JT-6 trem & Jackson pickup. It's just been modified a little.

Kind of reminds me of my (slightly modified) Model 2 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hail yesterday

Comment

Alright, thanks for the answer! Nice model 2 BTW!

Thomas

Comment

It's definitely legit. There's slim to no chance of anyone bothering with faking an import Charvel. There's quite a bit out on the secondary market to be had.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

What does the neck pickup sound like? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like one of those Pre-pro Model 2's everyone is looking for. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Dana <~~~
                '85 Rhoads Custom
                '86 SD Str*t
                '86 Model 4 (5)
                '87 Model 1
                '87 Model 6
                '88 Model 3DR
                '90 650 XL
                '94 KE-3
                '97 DR Amberburst
                '97 Dinky BOFlames
                '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

You may want to look into having that routed out for a neck HB. That single route is a joke! Other than that, it looks like it is in good shape.

Comment

Thanks for the additional comments! I haven't played it yet, seller e-mailed me the pics. It looks good and the price is right - but what should I expect from this one, is it a real shredder? Fast neck? Thick, thin, wide, etc.?

etaeniura: What do you mean when you say the single route is a joke?

Thomas

Comment

I think he means that angle is so extreme that it is comical.

Comment

Travis is right. The draw of the model two is its simplicity-1 HB, 1 Vol, locking trem. Whoever owned it before you added an extra pup(no big deal, but that route is so angled it looks strange) and the extra switches-I assume the three way is to switch betwen the pups and the mini toggle is probably a coil splitter.

The necks on the model series are very nice-not super thin and wide like an ibanez, but definitely on the thinner side. I really like the neck on my model 4 (should be the same profile). It is certainly a capable shredder, but has enough girth to feel substantial. Have fun with it!

Comment

Working...
                        X