Charvel 550C score...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 550C score...

Bought a Charvel acoustic for 120 euros last week. I was totally suprised by the quality of this instrument. Really easy to play, stays in tune, straight neck and nice sound. I think it's a steal at that price to get an instrument this good. Gotta get me a 625C someday!
    I'm thinking about putting electronics into the 550C but I have no experience in acoustic pickups. Any suggestions?
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Re: Charvel 550C score...

Originally posted by RR0849:
    Bought a Charvel acoustic for 120 euros last week. I was totally suprised by the quality of this instrument. Really easy to play, stays in tune, straight neck and nice sound. I think it's a steal at that price to get an instrument this good. Gotta get me a 625C someday!
    I'm thinking about putting electronics into the 550C but I have no experience in acoustic pickups. Any suggestions?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't do it. As cheap as the 652C's are running and as many as I have seen lately, just get yourself one of those. If not, just get yourself a Dean Markley Sound Hole pickup. Just My Opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have most of what's left of a 550C laying around my house right now. Just so you know, it is completely made of plywood-top, back, sides, etc. The bracing inside is very sloppy and overall workmanship is poor. If you got one in good shape, I'm sure it is fine, but I wouldn't spend a ton of cash trying to improve it. JMO>

Comment

Plywood? I read somewhere that they have spruce tops and else is mahogany with rosewood board? I have to check more closely once I get home but the neck is definately mahogany and nicely figured.
        I've heard some people praise these guitars and others find them useless so there must be huge quality differences between them? Mine seems very carefully done. For some reason it doesn't have the "made in Korea" text like others that I've seen but the model is 550C and it looks like the other ones I've seen on the internet.

For the record - rest of my guitars are all over 1500USD US made instruments so I don't settle for just anything. It would be great to hear what others think about their Charvel acoustics?
        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

The comideian Larry the cable guy was playing a Charvel acoustic on his tv special.It had a rebel flag graphic on the top. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X