Model 2 with blood splatter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 with blood splatter?

Saw what I believe to be a Model 2 yesterday... 1 humbucker/1 volume, 22-fret bolt-on neck, JT6 trem, white/cream color strat body with blood splatter on the body. It looked like those old Washburns back then. I've never seen this paint scheme on an old import Charvel before. Is it aftermarket or could it be original? I'm going to go take a look at it today if it's still there. What should be a good price for it?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Model 2 with blood splatter?

It is possible that it was a Charvette body. I know they did a blood splatter in that color but it wasn't a very attractive splatter at all so maybe the one you saw was applied later on. I do know that graphic wasn't offered from the factory on a Model 2.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll venture out in a little while and take a look again and try it out.

Comment

Eh, never mind. I just checked it out. I picked it up and noticed that the blood splatter is OVER the clear coat! It's also got a different pickup, not sure exactly what it was. It looked in decent condition, though, and was $239. I also saw a cool dark red 3DR with EMGs for $329. They were here at the local GC.

Comment

I'd go for the 3DR-that would be an ok price for a real nice one, but with the EMG's I think it is a really good deal if the condition is very good.

Comment

Yeah, it did look in very good condition. I didn't pick it up, just looked at it quick and saw the EMGs with very slight wear on the logo. I can't really afford to feed my GAS at the moment, but maybe another time if it's still there. I can't stand that store, so I don't go in there a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X