Need Info on my new "Surfacousticaster"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info on my new "Surfacousticaster"

I´ve been gassing like crazy for a Surfcaster the last few weeks, but what I currently need is a good acoustic-electric. I hate Ovations, but I like the smaller size. And i have a real problem with most acoustic necks, most of them i find too meaty.

Then i saw this this afternoon...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I have a strange feeling it probably won´t sound as great as it looks, the few Charvel acoustics I´ve played weren´t exactly pre-war Martins. But I think it´s definitely me, I think I´m really gonna like it.

The sacrilege, me buying an Import [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But either way, anyone know anything about these? Its MIJ, that I know (which gets my hopes up again, the Ones I´d played were MIK), and it looks like a Surfcaster, but that´s all I´ve got. Anyone else? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Need Info on my new "Surfacousticaster"

I was loking at the guitar buyer's guise yesterday, and I remember seeing a listing for an acoustic electric surfcaster and I believe it was called a 325 or 325 deluxe, something like that. Maybe that will give you something to start with!

Comment

If i scoped the Charvel Acoustics catalog right on Jacksonmuseum, it should be a Charvel ATX. If I remember right, these were supposed to be killer [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Any other opinions on what it might be?

Comment

i saw one of those in black about 6 months ago on ebay...was gonna pull the trigger, but didn't. i kinda dig em.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The ATX is the acoustic version of the JTX which is a take-off from the Telecaster body. The top "stub" is a little more exaggerated. The acoustic with the thin Surfcaster body is the 325SLX & 325SL.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
            The ATX is the acoustic version of the JTX which is a take-off from the Telecaster body. The top "stub" is a little more exaggerated. The acoustic with the thin Surfcaster body is the 325SLX & 325SL.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then I guess it would be a 325SL(X) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Got it today, haven´t played it much. Short Pre-Review: The V profile of the Neck surprised the hell out of me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sounds a bit bright, but surprisingly full for it´s size. A bit on the top-heavy side sitting down, which was to be expected. But the playability of the 22 frets is unbelievable for an acoustic (even with the florist´s-wire it´s strung with, 13´s due tomorrow [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). Feedback under high SPLs and/or heavy distortion is a surprisingly small problem, but the output seems a bit meek as well (new battery tomorrow as well). The chorus is a nice touch, but I would have preferred a 3-band EQ instead of a 2-band with chorus.

But I think this was a good score. If nothing else, it´s a great guitar to carry around "casually" for playing almost everywhere [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X