My Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvels

I finally got around to taking some pics of my Charvels and I thought I would share them. Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Warning these pics are on the large size.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Re: My Charvels

Very Nice, indeed! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I want that string-thru. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Only 2-3 months until I get my student loan, then I'm really going to start pestering you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool guitars. I like the similarity in finish. Is that by chance or were you purposely looking for the similarity?

Comment

Originally posted by 86mod5:
          Cool guitars. I like the similarity in finish. Is that by chance or were you purposely looking for the similarity?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was completely by chance.I was looking for either a USA Fusion or AT/PRO-750.I found the trem one on ebay.And when Erics(Archtop)came up for sale I could not resist. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Mike

Comment

Out of curiosity, what pickups do you have in there and how do they sound?

Comment

The string thru has a set of EMG 81s and the trem has a JB and Jazz.

I have not made up my mind on the 81 in the bridge.I never really care for it my Model 88 it is way to nasally and it is no different here.The 81 in the neck I like alot sounds good clean and with a lot of gain.I will most likely put a 85 in the bridge.If that does not sound better I will start experimenting.

I like the JB in this guitar it sound much better than it did in my SL1.It seems to be a lot smoother and not as bright.The jazz I am not sold on yet it.It sound a litte harsh with gain.I might try sticking a 59 in there to try out.

I would say that the EMG equipped is more of metal guitar were as the Duncan is better suited for hard rock.I hope this helps. I really do not get enough time playing thru a amp , most of my playing is done thru a V-amp2 with headphones.
              Mike

Comment

If you end up putting an 85 in the bridge, let me know how it sounds. I have dual 81s in my RR1 and I was just curious to hear how an 85 is in the bridge position.

Comment

Thanks, bro.

Comment

Very nice looking trio. Do the necks vary much between the three of them?
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by John D.:
                      Very nice looking trio. Do the necks vary much between the three of them?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks... Yeah the neck are a bit different from each other.The string thru has the thinnest neck especially up by the nut it almost flat across the back.The trem 750 it close to my 03 soloist intill you get close to the body and it fattens up.The 88 is sort of in between the two and about perfect IMO.
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X