Charvel 6 tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel 6 tuning

Normally the best replacement is an Original Floyd Rose or the Schaller version. Both are excellent tremolos of superior quality and materials.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the references.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

DonF, do a search and you will be hit by tons of info on this subject. Look at these two - they cover a lot of issues in this matter (WITH PICS!):

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=7;t=000395

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=7;t=000751

/Henrik
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Checked knife edges, looked good. As I was doing it, I took the bridge completely apart, cleaned it up, started to put it back together. Had a little problem with spring tension. When I removed back plate it looked like prior owner replaced spring tension screws with deck screws. The claw plate for the springs doesn't slide easily. It gets caught up on the threads. Now I'm not sure if it even has anything to do with it. Also while attaching the springs from the claw plate to the block, they were very tight. So tight that they snapped off the block , which caused the bridge to drop out from the guitar face (since guitar was upside down). Result was bridge hit the floor and cracked one sadle (one of those lessons learned). When reinstalling the bridge tension springs (no strings attached yet), what is the correct tension for them at the onset?
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
          X