What Kinda Charvel Do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kinda Charvel Do I have?

I purchases a black strat style Charvel from A pawn shop...It has a bridge humbucker and 2 single coils,,,theres a 5 way pick up selector and a little switch that i am assuming is a switch that splits the humbucker. It also does not have any pole pieced on the pick ups. I have been trying to research it to finsdout more but I cant seem to find what model and year it is.

Re: What Kinda Charvel Do I have?

describe the headstock logo and if the fretboard inlays are something other than dots.

Comment

22 or 24 frets, bolt-on or neck-thru?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ive looked at some of the older charvels and it does not have the headstock that looks like a strat. Ive looked at some pics on the net and the vintage cgharvels have fender strat type headstocks. Mine is shaped like it only there is not the ball on the headstock like a strat.Does that tell you anymore about my guitar?

Comment

Could be one of the CX series, maybe? from the mid nineties? or one of the San Dimas reissues. Is the logo on the headstock shaped like a little guitar? or does it look like cursive writing?

Comment

Sounds like a CX model.Semi strat headstock (non pointy)How about a serial number and fret inlays dots or sharks.Logo?
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The CX series has the "eagle beak" headstock. It sounds like a PC headstock by the description. By the description of the pickups, it's most certainly not a SD reissue. Some of the CX series also had these type of pickups though. What bridge does it have? Is the logo guitar shaped or script?
              Occupy JCF

Comment

The charvel logo is guitar shaped and the position markers are peraloid dots.the serial # is 354682...

Comment

One more thing about the logo..one the neck plate and pick ups its guitar shaped in the head stock its script..if my scanner worked id post a pic...

Comment

What kind of bridge does it have on it?
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

The bridge is folating bridge with tremolo unit. Its NOT floyd rose style.

Comment

post up some pics!

Comment

Sounds like you have one of the CX series with the WB2 bridge. It's designed from Floyd patents.(floating bridge)
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I'd love to see pics cause this thread just confused the hell out of me! I've never seen anything like what was described.

Comment

It's a Charvel CX692.. The picture is the prototype or import version with the strat headstock...

<center>

</center>
                              I believe the headstock that is on it, and on many of them, is the "Eagle-beak" headstock..
                              <center>

</center>
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X