Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST custom pickups?

Hi,
    Does someone knows the exact references of original Charvel ST Custom pickups (neck, middle and bridge)?

I have been told these are jackson pickups.
    Any additional info on these pickups will be great.

Thanks. Pics of the pups below

I don't think any of the Charvel logo'd pups were USA made Jacksons. Seems to me those same pups also came on Charvettes.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks but does not tell me the exact pickup references...
      Any more clue?

Comment

According to the catalog, they are all stacked hums.

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page28.htm

I'm almost positive they are J200s, but the '92 catalog also mentions 2 other stacked hums: the J100VS & the J200R.

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...1992Page26.htm

The '90-'91 catalog doesn't list the pickup models, so I don't know if they were available for that guitar.

Comment

Thanks!!
          What about the dual bridge pickup then?

Comment

There's four J200s in that guitar. The "dual bridge pickup" that you speak of is two J200s together.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Can that roller nut replace a floyd rose style nut if you were wanting to use a neck from a floyd equipped guitar on a non floyd guitar?
              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire
                Can that roller nut replace a floyd rose style nut if you were wanting to use a neck from a floyd equipped guitar on a non floyd guitar?
                You can buy those floyd replacement roller nuts on ebay. you might need to shim for height but they fit fairly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky
                  There's four J200s in that guitar. The "dual bridge pickup" that you speak of is two J200s together.
                  Thanks tekky,
                  Do you know where i can find detailed specs (DC resistance...) of these J200s ?
                  I can measure it my self if someone's interested in, let me know.

Comment

There is an electronics catalog scanned & posted in the sticky topic in the tech section. It is a little hard to find if you don't know where to look. Here's the page you need:

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J.../target10.html

and the full catalog:

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J...ronics_Manual/

Comment

Thank you all.
                      Do you think, i can take advantage of new pups for this guitar?
                      If so, what would you suggest as replacement pups (the whole set)?
                      DiMarzio, Seymour... or should i simply keep it like this?

My Music color is modern blues but versatile.

Comment

Those are not J-200's. They are a Charvel brand. The Jackson J-200 were USA made and always used with the active Jackson circuitry.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hi, all -

Well, this is my first post, so I hope you won't mind if I start off by offering some deductions regarding the ST Custom pickups:

The Charvel '91 catalog specifically states that the ST Custom has four stacked humbuckers, wired passively.

The Charvel '92 catalog describes three stacked humbucking pickup types. The J200, which some in this thread have cited as being used in the ST Custom, are low-impedence active pickups. So, it seems very unlikely that the ST Custom's pickups are J200s.

However, that same catalog makes reference to the J100VS stacked humbucking pickup.

Now, the ad copy for the ST Custom states that it has vintage sounding pickups. Assuming that the VS in J100VS stands for Vintage Single (or Vintage Sound), it seems to make a lot of sense that the ST Custom contains J100VS pickups.

Anyone who can shed more light is encouraged to do so. But, as a new ST Custom owner (I bought one over this past weekend), I have been spending a lot of time trying to indentify the pickups and these deductions have led to my conclusions.

If anyone else has more info, I'd certainly enjoy reading it.

Thank you!
                          "They put Jesus on a cross, they put a hole in JFK
                          "They put Hitler in the driver's seat and looked the other way
                          "They got poison in the water and the whole world's in a trance
                          "But, just because we're hypnotized, that don't mean we can't dance!"

- Tonio K.

Comment

Oh, and by the way -- If anyone can describe the function of the three position toggle in each of its positions, I'd really appreciate it. I can't seem to figure out which position is in-phase, out-of-phase, and - especially - off.

Thanks for any help!
                            "They put Jesus on a cross, they put a hole in JFK
                            "They put Hitler in the driver's seat and looked the other way
                            "They got poison in the water and the whole world's in a trance
                            "But, just because we're hypnotized, that don't mean we can't dance!"

- Tonio K.

Comment

That's a great first post! Welcome to the JCF.

I think you are probably right, and Joe (Charvel750) made the point as well that the J200s were not designed to be used without the active systems. They really sound pretty bad without them, actually. I've always wondered about the Charvel-logoed pickups, and whether they were the same or different from the Jackson pickups, where they were made, etc. So the question is whether or not the Charvel-logoed pups in the ST are the J100VS or some completely different import pickup.

Comment

Working...
                              X