Model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model 5

The guy is asking €750 [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] (maybe he has been reading Harrald's post [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) too much imo, he said that he bought it for €1000 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] sure(and if the did, he must be high on marihuana).

I'm going to order the Jackson custom and in the mean time I'm gonna play on my fusion+ [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the efforts [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ June 11, 2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Codex ]

Comment

Maybe he is a member/lurker... It's quite possible...
      Occupy JCF

Comment

but i didn't say 750.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Is this trem ok?

Comment

Thats a JT-6 trem and they are a fine trem.All the JT-6s I have work flawlessly.BTW an OFR will drop right in with no mods if you choose to put one in.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I hated my JT6, so it was the first thing to be replaced... by a schaller. I guess you should pick an OFR, because it is more bright, the die cast of the schaller lacks a little top end

harrald

Comment

Normally my decision between Original Floyd and Schaller depends on the route of the tremolo. Top mounted tremolos get the OFR and the recessed tremolos get the SFR...
                Occupy JCF

Comment

huh? why that Todd? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

Occasionally the routes on the recessed trems aren't long enough for the OFR. The shorter string lock screws on the Schallers make it a darn good fit.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

i have a model 6 & a 650 and i want a model 5 because HH kicks ass, just check out a fusion especial (yes a neck thru makes a difference, if you havent played a neck thru you MUST play it before deciding, i personally cant even play my fusion after the neck thrus, but compared to any other bolt on fusions are the best i think), but i would not pay 700 euros for a model 5 considering i got a model 6 on ebay for $300 american and a 650 minus working trem for $100 american. there are deals out there and 700 euros is not one of them, but model 5 seems to turn up a bit less on ebay so if you really got your heart set on it and its flawless, for 700 you got a better guitar than anyone except a custom shop can offer you.

Comment

as far as the trem... you know thats not a pic of the model 5 right because no 5s came ssh as far as i know...
                        the jt6 is a decent trem, ive got one with crap edges but with 4 springs locking it down its still worth an occasional smack...
                        a shaller floyd is alot nicer though but the biggest thing in my eyes is whether or not you want top mounted fine tuners (does your hand rub on them) or back mounted ones... changing your playing style, especially youre muting style should not be an option just because you are going to a new trem.

Comment

Hey thanks for the all the reactions.

The SN of the 650XL(the guy is asking €600 now) is O905881 in what year was it build?

Thanks in advance

Comment

are you sure it's not C905881? That would make it an '89 model. The number after the "C" denotes the build year.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

'89 Thanks man [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

What would you guys pick?
                              A model 6 '87 or a 650XL '89

Comment

If they are in similar condition, I'd pick the 650XL because of the JT-590 trem, which most people tend to agree is a better unit than the JT-6. I have a Model 6, & actually liked the design of the JT-6, but the low-quality metal hadn't held up well with age, and the previous owner had all but stripped out the heads of the string lock screws, so I stuck an OFR on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X