My Model 1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Model 1A

Just a quick snap of my Model 1A - I pulled out the stock singles and put in a Duncan Distortion/Jazz set. Really mean sounding guitar. I loved the yellowing of the vintage white. Anyone remember how white these things were when they were new?

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

That is sweet, I should have kept my black one!
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

It looks hot, now put the rest of the screws in the pickguard! j/k
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
        It looks hot, now put the rest of the screws in the pickguard! j/k
        I hear ya! I figured I had a enough in there to keep it from flying off - even during very metal moments!

I've got a 5-way super switch in it so it goes bridge hum/outer coils/both hums/inner coils/neck hum.

I'm debating whether to just go with a single hum setup with the distortion. I'm not a huge fan of the Jazz neck and I like single pickup guitars. This is a great guitar to putz around with because of the swimming pool route. I was also toying with the idea of having a floyd installed - top mounted, no recess mount. I'd like to get it so it sits flush on the body with no pull up.
        Blank yo!

Comment

that looks great! who knew those whities would turn out that way?

I almost bought white, but went with red instead (they were out of white and I was young and not leaving w/out a Charvel).
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Very cool!

If you want to know what it looked like new, just look under the pickguard. Its tan line should be quite visible. (if it has one)

I have my red on in my lap right now! I stuck a DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck, DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, and left the original Jackson single coil in the middle. Its a bit noisy, but it sounds REALLY cool in positions 2 and 4.

Last edited by nonamemx; 09-03-2006, 12:17 AM.

Comment

That is a nice looking guitar...I like the 2 humbucker with one vol knob set up. Where did you get the pick guard from?

Comment

Originally posted by ACF
                That is a nice looking guitar...I like the 2 humbucker with one vol knob set up. Where did you get the pick guard from?
                The pickguard's from Warmoth - just a 2 hum 9 screw strat pickguard. Most of the screw holes don't line up. I cut the hole for the knob myself because I wanted a custom placement.
                Blank yo!

Comment

well something they put in the red paint on these Model series must have staying power because my red Model 2 is as red as when I bought it new 19 yrs ago. no fading, no cracking and the clear is perfect. of course I take good care of it, but it has held up tremendously to time.

that white mellowing to vintage cream is killer though. I love what you did with that one with the white pickguard and the two Duncans.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I bet those humbuckers sound sweet!!

Comment

nice guitars

Comment

Working...
                      X