To whom it may concern....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To whom it may concern....

I would like to thank the person(s) that have been taking care of my import charvel that I happened to find at the local guitar center. You took good care of it over the past 18 years and I appreciate that you left the warranty tag still in the case.

This was my 3rd guitar following a Kramer Focus, Kramer Pacer custom. I picked this thing up around 88-90 brand new. I loved it, but due to most likely was a screwed up drug thing/bills/I needed the cash when I was young and stupid, I sold it to pay off the formentioned.

About 3 weeks ago, I walked into the store and saw this thing saying "Damn... I use to own one just like that." I walked up and took a good look at it and thought to myself.... Wow, I think this is my old guitar. I made the classic of all screwups while I owned it and bashed the tail into the coffee table at my parents house.

I wish I would have wrote down the serial number because there really isn't a way to be absolutely certian. It feels and looks like mine and has the same battle scars that I put in it. What is amazing is that this thing is almost in the same condition that I sold it. The only thing that needs to be replaced on this thing is the battery and the jack. BTW, anyone have a jack for one of these things, it is the box type with three lines coming into it.

So, thanks to whoever had their hands on what appears to be my old guitar. After putting on a new set of strings giving it a good cleaning, oiling, fret polishing, it playes like a damn fine import =)

-Nate
    Last edited by nateb; 09-03-2006, 12:23 PM.
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Damn fine import indeed! Nice dark rosewood too!

Here's the jack you're looking for:
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electron...put_Jacks.html
    it's the stereo one .

btw, how much did you pay for it? less than sold it for?

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
      Damn fine import indeed! Nice dark rosewood too!

Here's the jack you're looking for:
      http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electron...put_Jacks.html
      it's the stereo one .

btw, how much did you pay for it? less than sold it for?
      Thanks and I will check that out.... I payed 400 to get it back... I am thinking that I sold it for around 200+... it was a long time ago.

Comment

Awesome, Nate! Congrats. The GC here carries Switchcraft stereo jacks for about $4, so I bet yours does. No wait, no shipping cost or minimum order size. To fit one in my Model 6, I just needed to slightly bend in the solder contacts to fit in the hole.

Comment

Glückwünsche!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My 475 was one of the best playing instruments I have ever owned, incredible!
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Congrats on reuniting with your old axe!

Comment

That is a sweet guitar.

Comment

I love seeing oldish charvels in great condition. Gives me hope of finding a nice old one for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes
                    My 475 was one of the best playing instruments I have ever owned, incredible!
                    Dude... my USA's have been taking a back seat and gathering dust since I got this thing. It is a ripping player. I need to put it in it's case so I can knock the dust off the other Jacksons.

-Nate

Comment

Working...
                    X