Introducing Myself And My New Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Myself And My New Charvel

Hi ! Im Joe. I have played guitar for around 4 years. I own a Encore, and PRS Santana a Ibanez Jappanese Custom and now my dream guitar a Charvel! I have wanted a Charvel for some time and i found this baby. I bought it from ebay for £150. However i kno little about the guitar. I think it may be a 1989-90 but im not sure. Ill post some pics and maybe you guys can identify it for me. The serial number is 359823. It has a licenced Schaller locking floyd rose, 1 hum and 2 what i wud think are fake hotrail pickups, the hum says "jackson" on it, 22fret with shark tooth inlays, weights about 9lbs! Here are some pictures

looks like a Charvel import neck, circa '88, possibly off a Model 4, on an Ibanez Roadstar body. Those railed singles may be Jacksons. Have you had them out of the guitar yet? There may be markings on the bottom to indicate their manufacture.
    Last edited by VitaminG; 09-04-2006, 10:26 AM.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

welcome to the forum, and nice guitar.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

And I must say you have a nice steady hand How can you play guitar?

j/k

Comment

wow that sure is a...erm...vibrant color haha welcome to the forums and read the rules.

Comment

Welcome. Thats either a parts mutt with a model 4 neck or some sort of Japan/europe only model that Ive never seen before. The lack of an address on the neckplate leads me to believe that it is indeed a strange non/U.S. market model.

Comment

Nice axe, but i'm getting dizzy looking at those pics.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Looks like a Japan only model. Someone on this forum or another posted the Japanese 1989 catalog and there were quite a few variants of the Model series, something like this Model 3 but with HSS and sharkfins and vintage trem, and I believe the photo was a wild pink color like this as well.

Weird also to note that the Japanese 1989 catalog didn't have the newer toothpaste logo. Did all Japanese Charvels stay with the old logo even until 1991 when they stopped making Charvels?

Comment

Camera Phone?

Looks like a nice import.
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Think I remember this on EBay. Shipped from Japan if I'm right. The same guy I bought my Ibanez Destroyer II from. Almost definitely a Jap only model.
                    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Nice Charvel! At first I thought it was a parts mutt, but after reading some of the other posts I'm pretty much convinced it's a Japanese only model.

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks for the replys! Seems like a nice freindly bunch around here. To make a few replys

Yes it was a camera phone and i guess im not the best photographer

I did buy it of ebay from Japan from a dood named David Chingo, his ebay is Chingo i think. He seems like a dealer but at £150 it seemed like a steal. From what you guys have said i guess the best bet would be a Japanesse only model which is cool, cos they certainly kno how to build guitars.

Comment

That may be Charvie neck....but the body?..I am more inclined to think it is an Ibanez. Look at the recess for the trem...and the trem itself (bad pic so I could be seeing things LOL) ..and the pickguard. I may be highly medicated right now, but there is no way that body is Charvel.
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 03:47 PM.
                              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
                              X