My Charvel / Warmoth half breed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel / Warmoth half breed.

I just finished this guitar today. It is awsome.

Model 1 body and neckplate.

SD Custom 5 pickup in white. The pickup is wired on a push/pull pot to split the coils. Great strat sounds as well as a smoking humbucker kick.

Warmoth 22 fret maple maple neck. Fully scalloped. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] It's wierd, but I'll report more on the scallops as soon as I get a lighter string gauge on there. It sort of defeats the purpose to play a scalloped neck on thick ass strings.

Guitar is currently tuned to Eb and it rocks hard. Tomorrow I am going to apply tung oil to the back of the neck. True charvel style.
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Alot of thanks goes out to the JCF for this one. KennSLP for providing the body. Drsracing for sending me the neckplate. FREE. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] And Newc for warmoth information and last minute wiring help. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Must. Go. Play. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: My Charvel / Warmoth half breed.

Sweeeeeeet! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ah, you got your scalloped neck! Looks great! Looking forward to hear about the neck, when you get used to it. On my scalloped i tune to Eb also, and are using 0.95 - 0.44 which works pretty well here.

Does the neck come as raw wood without no treatment whatsoever to the back of the neck?

Which neck dimensions did you choose - the "Vintage Modern Construction" type (it seems)?

If you can, please take some CLOSE UP pictures of that neck from every possible angle and post 'em! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It looks good, PaddoK!

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Where did you get the SD Custom White - price? I'm looking for such a thing.

/Henrik
        Henrik

Comment

What is that mark on the neck below the 19th fret?

/Henrik
          Henrik

Comment

Nosey bastard [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

That mark on the side is a new Gotoh trussrod adjustment system. The trussrod lock is on the heel, but you tighten/loosen with an allen wrench through the side of the heel (the mark - it's a hole, actually).
            It's an interesting concept, but quite useless really as it doesn't allow adjustment while the neck is on the body (unless you cut a hole in the body to reach the lock), and they say not to leave it unlocked [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Never heard of that! (and i checked, it's not 1st April)...

Sounds like a killer idea but that lock thing ruining it all. I don't get it [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Looks like they invented a good system and stopped developement half way through...

/Henrik
              Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                Ah, you got your scalloped neck! Looks great! Looking forward to hear about the neck, when you get used to it. On my scalloped i tune to Eb also, and are using 0.95 - 0.44 which works pretty well here.

Does the neck come as raw wood without no treatment whatsoever to the back of the neck?

Which neck dimensions did you choose - the "Vintage Modern Construction" type (it seems)?

If you can, please take some CLOSE UP pictures of that neck from every possible angle and post 'em! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It looks good, PaddoK!

/Henrik
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Henrik,

I was going to PM you but this works too! Yes the warmoth neck came. It is awsome. Top notch work. I chose the "standard thin" neck profile and couldn't be happier. It is a chunky neck, but plays great, and will be a dream once I tung oil it. I was originally going to get the wolfgang profile, but with the scallops the neck was getting a little more than I could afford.

You have good eyes to spot that! I didn't know what you were talking about in the pictures hah.

The Custom came to me from ebay. 43 dollars shipped.

I'll get you some pics tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  Nosey bastard [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

That mark on the side is a new Gotoh trussrod adjustment system. The trussrod lock is on the heel, but you tighten/loosen with an allen wrench through the side of the heel (the mark - it's a hole, actually).
                  It's an interesting concept, but quite useless really as it doesn't allow adjustment while the neck is on the body (unless you cut a hole in the body to reach the lock), and they say not to leave it unlocked [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh? I had no trouble adjusting the trussrod of mine while it was on the body. Maybe instead of [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] you should try an allen wrench instead [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sweetness [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] My kind of guitar, I'd stick a brass bridge on it though. I'm first in line incase you ever sell
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Man that makes me want to start my next project. I'd do it just like that. Warmoth kicks ass as long as you aren't looking for a 24 fret neck or body. other than that, their quality is excellent. Nice work! I'm sure it feels as good as it looks. Isn't it funny how you can tell some guitars play good just by looking at them?

Jim
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

So, is it a Charmoth or a Warvel?
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Very cool-looking guitar. Congrats!

As for the scalloping, do you have much experience with a scalloped neck? I've got a Fender Blackmore Strat with a slightly different sort of scalloping that I've been getting used to, so I was wondering about your comment on not using heavier strings with scallops. Why do you say that? I do notice that Malmsteen and Joe Stump both use lighter strings and tune down on their guitars but I thought that Blackmore uses .010 to .042 or .046 on his Strats.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                          X