need help with pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with pickup

i have a model 5 and think the bridge pickup isnt fat enough i want a new one with a fatter tone and way better harmoincs. i was thinkin a BLusa500xl or a emg. what should i get
    1986 Model 5 with Kahler
    RH100 Randall head
    4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Yes
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you want emg wont necasarilly give you fatter. The BL will give you more high end. If you want high output try the Invader or Super D, Or ducan ditortion. If you want moderate gain try the custom custom or Full shred, Or even the Pearly Gates plus. Its but lower output but hotter than the orignal pearly Gates which is about PAF output just has boosted mids and warm bottme end. Nothin like a warm bottom end.. Whoops sorry i got side tracked for a sec. Also the Gibson Burst buckers are pretty warm too.or the 500t if ya want extra gain.
      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
        Or even the Pearly Gates plus. Its but lower output but hotter than the orignal pearly Gates which is about PAF output just has boosted mids and warm bottm end.
        The Pearly Gates Plus is brighter, though. I've got one in my Double Fat Strat with a '59 in the neck. Here's info about the PG+ from Duncan's site.

What's the difference between your Pearly Gates pickup and the Pearly Gates Plus on a Lone Star Strat®?
        The Pearly Gates is rather different than the "Pearly Gates Plus" that is on the Lone Star StratTM. The Pearly Gates Plus is only available on that guitar and not made for retail sales. The main difference in these pickups is that a Pearly Gates has Alnico II magnets, while the Pearly Gates Plus has Alnico V magnets. Alnico V magnets tend to give a brighter, glassier tone, while Alnico II magnets tend to have a warmer, rounder, more mid-rangier tone. The closest pickup available in our regular line to a Pearly Gates Plus is a '59 Model with 4-conductor cable. The '59 is an Alnico V pickup with a wind very close to that of the Pearly Gates Plus. The '59 usually comes in single conductor cable, but it can be ordered with the 4-Conductor wiring option.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshC
          i have a model 5 and think the bridge pickup isnt fat enough i want a new one with a fatter tone and way better harmoincs.
          What you want is a DiMarzio Tone Zone.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tonezone.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
            X