Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headstock type on Model A, why so ugly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headstock type on Model A, why so ugly??

I was looking at the US charvels I can't afford on the link someone posted:

And they had a Model A which I still can't afford, but I was was reminded of how bad I think those headstocks look. But I can't figure out why I don't like them because they are so close to a strat headstock shape, which I do like fine.

Does anyone else think those model A headstock types just look bad???? and I'm not picky about headstocks looks, I even like those kramer hockey stick ones and BC Rich 6 ones, but that Model A type really disturbs me!
    Last edited by tanpsi; 09-15-2006, 12:24 PM.

They are not the best looking things in the world, but they play great. I have owned a model A and a traditional both great guitars. And you can get them cheap because no one likes the headstock. the model A played better then any guitar I have ever played on the higher frets right out of the box. back to the original point, the headstock is boring it needs some angles not just an oval, It is better then a couple of the other charvel headstocks though! 90's yuck!

Comment

I am with you! I hate the look of that headstock! And I too like the original strat style. This one just looks cheap too me. But then again, the guitar plays great and that is all that matters.
      Cory.

Comment

Ballsack, ballsack, ballsack! I bet they could be modded to resemble a S-head though.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well I think the Model A is a great guitar. Extremely powerful Live Wire pups that don't know any better. Here's the one I HAD:

[IMG][/IMG]

But I couldn't help but trade it for this :

[IMG][/IMG]

Go figure !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Ballsack, ballsack, ballsack! I bet they could be modded to resemble a S-head though.
            Very interesting idea. I've thought about this, too (not ballsack, modding the Charvel/Sears headstock to look more like a Strat-head).

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver
              Very interesting idea. I've thought about this, too (not ballsack, modding the Charvel/Sears headstock to look more like a Strat-head).
              Well you guys (RacerX) motivated me to get out my Model A neck and a Strat neck and put it to the test. The picture is a concept drawing I threw together today. The top picture shows a strathead in pencil and a model A head in red (even though it's hard to see, it's there). The bottom picture shows what the end result would be. You can't do much with the Ball because it is smaller than the ball on a strat but you can mod the rest of it. So what do you guys think?

Comment

Can't see the red, but...go for it!

Comment

You first

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be in Charvel US models?

Secondly is it possible to do a Roscoe headstock with the amount of wood on the Charvel Model A headstock?

Comment

Oofah, why would you want to? It looks even more like a c*ck 'n balls!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel
                        Shouldn't this thread be in Charvel US models?

Secondly is it possible to do a Roscoe headstock with the amount of wood on the Charvel Model A headstock?

Why would you put a Japanese-made Model A in the USA section ???

Roscoe headstock ? Not ...

Comment

ooops my bad I thought all the late 90's Charvels were USA. I take it, it was more recent the switch back to USA.

And my question remains is there still enough wood on the Model A to make a Roscoe headstock? Looks like on the Model A there isn't enough length past the high E tuner so it would be shorter and in turn not so good.

Comment

Ron I could have asked for worse, if I wanted to know if I could turn that Model A headstock into this:

Seems do-able, but not enough length on the Model A headstock to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel
                              ooops my bad I thought all the late 90's Charvels were USA. I take it, it was more recent the switch back to USA.
                              This was part of the new Japanese Charvel line in 2002. They didn't last very long, then they finally brought back the USA line.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...el-Models.html
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X