Minty 3DR....or used to be.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minty 3DR....or used to be.....

Because the asswipe had no clue about how to pack a guitar for shipping. Can't blame UPS for this one. Is this just sickening or what???

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Man that really sucks, but still fixable.
    Time for some toothpicks and glue.
    -Rick

Comment

Goddammit, I hate seeing this kind of shit! So avoidable, if people would take the time to do a little research, or just try to picture how the guitar can slide around in the case. To any of the new guys who haven't seen this before: You have to put packing material around the guitar's body tight enough to make it impossible for the headstock to slam into the end of the case in the event that the box is dropped headstock-end down. It's as simple as that. You can double or triple-box all you want. You can put bubble-wrap on the headstock. You can pray, sacrifice a goat or whatever. None of that will do jack shit if the guitar is not immobilized! Glad to get that off my chest. Now, if only J/C would figure it out...

Sorry this happened, Mark!

Comment

I often wonder why people just don't take the neck off when shipping a bolt-on? That sucks man.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

yeah.. it sucks..

I even had the luck of shipping a well packed guitar to JRE, but customs decided to open and 're-arrange' it.. guitar got damaged and nobody took responsability.

Comment

Oh man, I am sorry this happened to you. Yeah, it can be fixed, but damn.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That is my worst nightmare. Fuk. Let that be a lesson to you guys. When you buy a guitar with the J/C heads, tell them to support it. I have done that with sellers and they get it.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

What a douche bag. A perfectly mint rev head wasted because they just slapped it in the non form fitted case and shipped it like that. Sorry to see that Mark. What a waste.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  Goddammit, I hate seeing this kind of shit! So avoidable, if people would take the time to do a little research, or just try to picture how the guitar can slide around in the case. To any of the new guys who haven't seen this before: You have to put packing material around the guitar's body tight enough to make it impossible for the headstock to slam into the end of the case in the event that the box is dropped headstock-end down. It's as simple as that. You can double or triple-box all you want. You can put bubble-wrap on the headstock. You can pray, sacrifice a goat or whatever. None of that will do jack shit if the guitar is not immobilized! Glad to get that off my chest. Now, if only J/C would figure it out...

Sorry this happened, Mark!
                  I couldn't have said it better brother!
                  Also on a side note, the box this was shipped in showed no damage whatsoever, and the fucking dumbass didn't buy insurance over the standard 100 bucks (not that it would have helped anyway).
                  Fact is, it didn't take a very hard hit to cause this. I'd say it could have been dropped directly on end no more than a foot or so off the ground, and bang. These cases are worthless for shipping unless you secure the body. You don't even need to pack anything around the neck, just pack the fucking body in there tight.

Comment

I've taken the neck off, and I will fix it, but the sad part is it will never be the same. Here's the poor lonely body sitting next to the one I got from paul (heartfielder) last year. Besides the one I got from him, this is the only other rainbow firecrackle 3DR I've ever seen.

Here's my plan I guess......the one I got from Paul has a minty neck, but the body has a finish chip on the back. This one has a body and finish that are absolutely like brand new. I think I'll put the nice neck on the nice body, and put the repaired neck on the chipped body. Does that make sense?
                    Last edited by mm2002; 09-26-2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Mark. I just received the Model 5 I bought from eBay and the dude shipped it in a Charvel tweed case with no packing. NONE!! Single-boxed that was just large enough for the case to fit. The switch tip was broken off and a piece of the JT-6 had broken off. And, there was a major clear coat crack directly under the JT-6. I was so freaking pissed. I messaged him and all he said was. "I'm sorry. I will never use UPS again." I sent another message and the dude has not responded. It has been 4 days since my last message. Like yours, there was no damage to the box.

Also, the auction stated that the guitar was almost mint. Not even close. He used a picture from the auction that he bought the guitar from for his own auction.

Sorry for the hijack.

Alvin
                      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Man, this thread has me all nervous now. LOL. I have one on the way myself. Hopefully the guy packed it right, Im waiting on a reply to my email.
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Mark-

I'm very sorry to see what happened to your new purchase.

I think I'll put the nice neck on the nice body, and put the repaired neck on the chipped body.
                          This is probably the best way to go to get one "minty" 3DR out of two "not-so-mint" 3DR's

On a side note, how are the chainsaw cases for shipping? My Charvel Model 3A is a tight fit in there, and there is no space at all to put packing material in between the guitar and the case.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I wouldn't bother repairing that headstock. I'd just wait for another neck to show up on ebay. Eventually one will show up.
                            Good deals with:
                            Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

That blows Mark. Yeah, I'd go with the good neck on the good body for sure. I'm sure you can fix the other one anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X