Upgrade picups for my Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade picups for my Charvel

My Charvel Fusion Custom is being restored/repared, and i also think its time to upgrade the pickups, been reading some abaout pickups lately and have decided to go for Dimarzio, but what type!? thats harder, i think the ToneZone have the sound i am looking for, also recomended by Dimarzios pickup guide.

Would this work on my guitar?
    Bridge: Tone Zone humbucker
    Middle: Tone Zone tele
    Neck: Tone Zone tele

I may not be abul to afford upgrading all picups same time, so thinking abaout going with the bridge first, then neck, good idea?

ALso is the Dimarzio hard to install, can i do it myself withaout messing it up.

I just put a Dimarzio Evolution in my Fusion special and it sounds great. Pickups are easy to install if you have basic soldering skills and can read a wiring diagram. If you decide to get the TOne Zone, let us know how it sounds.

Comment

I have good soldering and electrical skills thanks to my other hobbys. Is wiring diagram included when bying Dimarzio?

Let me explain my wanted sound:

Im playing lead so lotts of solo stuff, lotts of distortion, mosty fast shreding, want sound that is abit like Guilbert and Malmsteen (from his Opus and Attack album) what i feel im lacking in now is sustan (from neck and middle pickups) and a cleaner more fuller sound from bridge humbucker.

You think ToneZone will be good shoice? i have very little experience in pickups.

Comment

Dimarzio pickups are no harder to install that any other pickup. You just have to make sure you're using a Dimarzio schematic and not another manufacture's schematic, since the wire colors are different.

Originally posted by joacim View Post
        Is wiring diagram included when bying Dimarzio?
        Yep, whenever you buy retail Dimarzios they come with a few different schematics.

Comment

Just what i wanted to hear

Comment

Still waiting for my guitar...gaaah...

but besides the restoration being done to the guitar, there will be a new humbucker AirZone bridge picup and a ToneZone neck picup, cant wait to try it out, hope it will be what i am hoping fore.

Comment

Originally posted by joacim View Post
              Still waiting for my guitar...gaaah...

but besides the restoration being done to the guitar, there will be a new humbucker AirZone bridge picup and a ToneZone neck picup, cant wait to try it out, hope it will be what i am hoping fore.
              Sounds backwards to me... A ToneZone in the neck? I've heard of it being done once before over at jemsite; you'll have to post some clips when you get your git back.

Later,

Steve
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Those pickup ups won't sound good in those positions TZ bridge and airnorton neck sound great. the hotter pickup sound be in the bridge

Comment

I have lerned that it depends on who you ask, i get diffrent answers and tips everywere, talked to the guy that is remaking my guitar, he said he will configurate and align the picups so i get the sound i want, hope he is correct, otherwise i just have to shange them again

Comment

My guitar is finaly ready... and wow what an upgrade, they have gone tru the whole guitar and restored it, fells like brand new, best of all was the Dimarzio picups... totaly awsome!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X