list price of a model 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• list price of a model 6?

They just sold a choice model 6 on ebay for $1800. Im thinking this was more than new.. Am I right?? Man, it was sweet, but OUCH!!!

yup. Can't remember the new price offhand, but it's in the catalogues on Henrik's site. I do remember it was significantly less than $1800 - mebbe $1195 or in that ballpark?

I was just looking at that the other day too, and I believe the Model 4s were around $895
    Hail yesterday

Comment

it was 1100 or 1200 retail list in '86

Comment

In 1988, $1149.95

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. USA soloists werent $1800 back then.. Man, the seller made out well!! Was a gorgeous axe tho!

Comment

$1800? Is that some sort of record? I thought things were cheaper in the us. Was it made of gold?

Comment

we used to think 1100-1200 was high for a nos minty fresh one...looks like they are going higher. 1800 is stupid money IMO.. but... I suppose when weighed out against a custom shop price for what you want.. its better than paying that.

Comment

USA Soloist were higher in 86 my 85 with a floyd & EMG listed at over $2400.

Comment

Thats a ridiculous price. I smell a scam.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

just found an '86 pricelist which has the Model 6 for $999.95
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                      They just sold a choice model 6 on ebay for $1800. Im thinking this was more than new.. Am I right?? Man, it was sweet, but OUCH!!!
                      Link?
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Here's the auction.....if it's a legit bid, it is a new record.

Comment

Hey Everyone - I'm not sure if it's against the rules to talk about your own auction - if the moderator wants to pull this post please do so. I was pretty suprised myself that the auction went that high. Unfortunately, it probably won't go through. The winning bidder emailed me stating that the last-minute bidding of the second guy was "fishy" and he wasn't going to purchase it (people will often bid in the last minute or so to try and win the item, however). He shouldn't have put in such a high maximum bid if that isn't what he was willing to pay . I asked for payment anyways (out of principle), but I'm certain I won't hear from him. Later I decided to email the 2nd place guy in the UK with a 2nd chance offer - and even though he bid up the auction in the last few minutes to 1800, he replies with a very lowball offer and states that I am the guy who is fixing the bids. Looks like your typical case of two over-zealous bidders. I'll relist it again and hopefully the auction will be more normal next time around.

Comment

It's cool to post about CLOSED auctions.
                            As for the winning bidder, nail him. Make him pay or nail him through feedback.
                            Looks like two idiots who got into a bidding war.
                            -Rick

Comment

Thats the worst excuse ever - he bid that price maybe even more and now realises he paid over the odds for it - loads of people bid last minute to try and grab a better deal.........make him pay!

Comment

Working...
                              X