No announcement yet.

list price of a model 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this doesn't start a trend for sellers that see this and don't realize it was BS, and think they can get 1K+ for their 6's. Glad I just picked up my second for cheap.

Comment

Holy crap! I was lookin' at a Model 4/5/6 in case I didn't win my Pro, but no frikkin' way!
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I am glad dpivar (seller) posted. I was just in the Efraid of Ebay Section posting my usual sarcastic replies to this crazy auction. It looks like everyone looses on this one except Ebay who will collect their fees. Some points if I may:

1) The final Bid was WAY over market price.
        2) The second high bidder has no requirement to fulfill the price obligation.
        3) The excuse of the "winner" is not acceptable. He bid higher to win, he should pay.

Possibly a work-around would be that the "high bidder" pays the sellers Ebay fees and possibly a "tip" and then click on the "Buyer and Seller Mutually Agreed to Not Complete This Auction" button.

All in all - a very entertaining transaction from my chair.
        Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

Originally posted by dpivar View Post
          Hey Everyone - I'm not sure if it's against the rules to talk about your own auction - if the moderator wants to pull this post please do so. I was pretty suprised myself that the auction went that high. Unfortunately, it probably won't go through. The winning bidder emailed me stating that the last-minute bidding of the second guy was "fishy" and he wasn't going to purchase it (people will often bid in the last minute or so to try and win the item, however). He shouldn't have put in such a high maximum bid if that isn't what he was willing to pay . I asked for payment anyways (out of principle), but I'm certain I won't hear from him. Later I decided to email the 2nd place guy in the UK with a 2nd chance offer - and even though he bid up the auction in the last few minutes to 1800, he replies with a very lowball offer and states that I am the guy who is fixing the bids. Looks like your typical case of two over-zealous bidders. I'll relist it again and hopefully the auction will be more normal next time around.
          Hey Bro! Thanks for posting! I honestly hope it works for you and I meant NO disrepect toward you in my post. I hope that was clear. I Love these old charvels and Kramers too and now that Ive gone thru money pains of family life and am in a buying position, the prices of these axes has gone up and continues to rise as the resurgence of solos and shred is coming..
          Again, thanks for posting and I hope you get a good price. Obviously your axe is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by dpivar View Post
            Hey Everyone - I'm not sure if it's against the rules to talk about your own auction - if the moderator wants to pull this post please do so. I was pretty suprised myself that the auction went that high. Unfortunately, it probably won't go through. The winning bidder emailed me stating that the last-minute bidding of the second guy was "fishy" and he wasn't going to purchase it (people will often bid in the last minute or so to try and win the item, however). He shouldn't have put in such a high maximum bid if that isn't what he was willing to pay . I asked for payment anyways (out of principle), but I'm certain I won't hear from him. Later I decided to email the 2nd place guy in the UK with a 2nd chance offer - and even though he bid up the auction in the last few minutes to 1800, he replies with a very lowball offer and states that I am the guy who is fixing the bids. Looks like your typical case of two over-zealous bidders. I'll relist it again and hopefully the auction will be more normal next time around.
            Make sure to file a Non-Paying Bidder report on your high bidder, stating that he refuses to go through with the deal. Then ebay will refund the Final Value fees and you can relist for free. If you don't file the NPB then Ebay WILL charge you the final value fees, so it's not optional.

Nice guitar, that '86 with factory JT6 is a rarity. I hope you get a good price that you can actually collect the payment on.

BTW, with those G&G cases, make sure you elevate that headstock via bubble wrap when you pack it to ship out. Those cases are notorious for snapping headstocks in transit because the headstock actually touches the case wall.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              Hey Bro! Thanks for posting! I honestly hope it works for you and I meant NO disrepect toward you in my post. I hope that was clear. I Love these old charvels and Kramers too and now that Ive gone thru money pains of family life and am in a buying position, the prices of these axes has gone up and continues to rise as the resurgence of solos and shred is coming..
              Again, thanks for posting and I hope you get a good price. Obviously your axe is amazing!
              No worries dude, and thanks for the compliment on the guitar!

I do want to thank everyone for the input as well. The winner has emailed me again, explained the "mistake" by which he had such a high bid, and made an offer. Not the best excuse, but I can see it happening. I countered, and we'll see what shakes out. Ultimately, I can leave him negative feedback, and go through the motions to have an unpaid item strike on his account. I'd file for a refund of the Final Value fee as well, and relist. Hopefully he will consider my counter amicable.

Also, someone in E-fraid was asking about the strings - yes, the strings are DR Black Beauties - really cool looking but the coating will flake off after just a little use. I didn't notice a big difference in the playability tho.

Once I get pics done of my new Charvel (the guitar that the sale of the Model 6 is going towards), I'll do a proper intro post. In the meantime, thanks again everyone - this forum is the bomb! Take it easy,

Comment

Originally posted by metalboots View Post
                I am glad dpivar (seller) posted. I was just in the Efraid of Ebay Section posting my usual sarcastic replies to this crazy auction. It looks like everyone looses on this one except Ebay who will collect their fees. Some points if I may:

1) The final Bid was WAY over market price.
                2) The second high bidder has no requirement to fulfill the price obligation.
                3) The excuse of the "winner" is not acceptable. He bid higher to win, he should pay.

Possibly a work-around would be that the "high bidder" pays the sellers Ebay fees and possibly a "tip" and then click on the "Buyer and Seller Mutually Agreed to Not Complete This Auction" button.

All in all - a very entertaining transaction from my chair.
                Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                Make sure to file a Non-Paying Bidder report on your high bidder, stating that he refuses to go through with the deal. Then ebay will refund the Final Value fees and you can relist for free. If you don't file the NPB then Ebay WILL charge you the final value fees, so it's not optional.

Nice guitar, that '86 with factory JT6 is a rarity. I hope you get a good price that you can actually collect the payment on.

BTW, with those G&G cases, make sure you elevate that headstock via bubble wrap when you pack it to ship out. Those cases are notorious for snapping headstocks in transit because the headstock actually touches the case wall.

+1 on all counts of both posts

Comment

This brings back memories. One tme I wanted a guitar badly and was willing to pay a tad over market for it (I believe it was about a $300.00 guitar), so I bid $10,000.00 just so I'd be sure and win it. Well, someone else had the same idea and bid $5000.00 at the last second.......I won it for $5010.00. I'll never do that again!!! Luckily the seller was understanding.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    just found an '86 pricelist which has the Model 6 for $999.95
                    Thanks G.. I was thinking it was probably 1000.00 in '86 if it was 1150.00 in '88.

That is a nice model 6.. very minty.

Comment

Working...
                    X