X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel and info about pickup routing

Hey guys.

I'm new here, so thought I'd say hello.

I bought my 1st Charvel a few weeks ago. I'm more of a 'traditional' Les Paul and Strat player, but I saw this hanging in a local music shop and eventually walked out with it under my arm after parting with £135 (which seemed like a good deal to me, with my limited knowledge of these guitars). Here's a few pics (I apologise for the not so good quality)

According to info (thanks Davey!) it's an early 90's Japanese Charvel Fusion Special (although someone on another forum claims he had the exact same guitar and his said Fusion 5 in the neck pocket, so who knows).

I'm also considering taking out the 2 'bridge' single coil pickups and trying to fit a full size humbucker in there instead. Has anyone done this themselves? If so, any do's/don'ts or pointers that I should follow?

Thanks!

Brow
    Last edited by Brow; 10-11-2006, 05:17 PM.

It's a Fusion Special.

On mine, I just took a dremel to the little points inside the route and popped on a mounting ring over the hole

Comment

Nice Charvel. Welcome to the JCF!

Comment

Interesting to see a Fusion Special with a JT-570 tremolo. Welcome Brow and congrats on your Charvel.

Originally posted by Brow View Post
        ..and his said Fusion 5 in the neck pocket, so who knows).
        "Fusion S" by any chance?

Last edited by jackson1; 10-11-2006, 05:55 PM.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          Interesting to see a Fusion Special with a JT-570 tremolo.

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page19.htm
          Why is it interesting? The same crappy single-locking bridge is on the guitar in the link you posted.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Why is it interesting? The same crappy single-locking bridge is on the guitar in the link you posted.
            :ROTF:

consider putting two "tabless" single-coil size bucker in there? You could put a JB Jr & a little59 in there and switch between two buckers and a single coil in the neck! Or rearrange the pickups and make it H-S-H! Or H-H-H!!

I'm sorry, do I seem too excited about this idea?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Er, yes.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Originally posted by Kii View Post
                It's a Fusion Special.

On mine, I just took a dremel to the little points inside the route and popped on a mounting ring over the hole
                This is what the guy on the other forum said he did too, so chances are i'll just do this too

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                The guy said it said Fusion 5, but I guess it could've been Fusion S

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                :ROTF:

consider putting two "tabless" single-coil size bucker in there? You could put a JB Jr & a little59 in there and switch between two buckers and a single coil in the neck! Or rearrange the pickups and make it H-S-H! Or H-H-H!!

I'm sorry, do I seem too excited about this idea?
                Thanks for the suggestion, but I know EXACTLY what pickup I'm gonna put in here if I decide to fit the single humbucker to it. A Bareknuckle Cold Sweat

I've tried JB Jrs and Lil 59s in 1 of my regular strats, and they never impressed me with their tone, so I won't waste my time trying them in this guitar.
                Thanks for the suggestion though

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

F*ck, you're right Joe! :ROTF: I should stop posting late at night
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hehe!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

boo
                      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
                      X