• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice guitar. And welcome to the board.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodandtears View Post
      oh man.. i love these guitars, red and maple rocks.. i guess the trem is similar to a strat? is there a similar charvel model with a floyd?
      I sure there`s someone else that has more knowledge than me on the subject but the Model 2 has a liscensed Floyd and single hum. I think I`ve read on the boards here that an OFR will fit without any mods.

Comment

You can actually buy a Charvel USA Standard San Dimas, with or without Floyd, single hum, brand new. Pointy head, and all. Have the brochure right next to me. I'd LOVE to get myself one, right now. Bad timing, though.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

oh man.. i love these guitars, red and maple rocks.. i guess the trem is similar to a strat? is there a similar charvel model with a floyd?
          You would have to look for a Model 2 with an added model 1 neck.

Comment

The Model 2 came with a JT-6 trem based on a Floyd, but the Model 2 came only with a rosewood board. So many have either converted a maple board Model 1 by adding a Floyd, or buying a Model 2 and a Model 1 maple boarded neck, then selling the original Model 2 neck.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I absolutely love my Model 1! Definitely a player and made to last. Now if I could just get that maple to age like the SDs

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenLeeLynch View Post
                I sure there`s someone else that has more knowledge than me on the subject but the Model 2 has a liscensed Floyd and single hum. I think I`ve read on the boards here that an OFR will fit without any mods.
                OFR is a direct swap on a Model 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6's equipped with the JT-6 licensed Floyd. Check out this thread! http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679 Scroll down to Jackson1's "Tremolo Info Project" section of the thread.

That whole thread should be required reading!

Comment

Working...
                X