I've gotten an offer for a 3A...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've gotten an offer for a 3A...

Hey there folks, it's been a long time since I last posted, and it feels great to be back! I've decided to try to buy some Charvels again, and I've come across a model 3 A in yellowed white, black pickguard, two humbuckers and a Kahler..The guy who's selling is asking 530 usd, but is it worth it?

The guitar seems in good shape, no more than normal wear...

Does anybody in here play a 3 A? Any views on this particular model?

Thanks in advance! This is a great board to be a part of!!

Cheers!

MP
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Hi Morten and welcome back. Regarding the price....

$530 is expensive even considering you're in Norway. I take the guitar is for sale locally? The 3A is a nice guitar but it should be around $350 or so in your area. That price would be normal on the Danish market anyway.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
      Hi Morten and welcome back. Regarding the price....

$530 is expensive even considering you're in Norway. I take the guitar is for sale locally? The 3A is a nice guitar but it should be around $350 or so in your area. That price would be normal on the Danish market anyway.

Thanks for that info! Yes, the 3 a is for sale locally, and like allways, Charvels are hard to come by here in Norway..I do find it to be on the expensive side, even though the seller claims that the guitar is in good shape...

Comment

If its got the khaler fulcrum trem, I think its way over priced. I do not like those two-point trems. Later 3's had the floyd. If anything, I'd talk him down to $300 at the most given your location.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

There's one in the classifieds w/ Dimarzios for 175.00 + 115 shipping to europe. It has some some cosmetic issues due to impact but they are not major, the body and neck are structurally intact. I'd buy it if I had the cash....

but, then again, you can't read the classified.. 100 post thing, so I guess this was just a tease.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
            but, then again, you can't read the classified.. 100 post thing, so I guess this was just a tease.
            You're a bad man!
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Plus, I just bought it...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                If its got the khaler fulcrum trem, I think its way over priced. I do not like those two-point trems. Later 3's had the floyd. If anything, I'd talk him down to $300 at the most given your location.
                So what's the fulcrum trem like? Similar to a FR?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                  There's one in the classifieds w/ Dimarzios for 175.00 + 115 shipping to europe. It has some some cosmetic issues due to impact but they are not major, the body and neck are structurally intact. I'd buy it if I had the cash....

Yes, you're such a tease

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    If its got the khaler fulcrum trem, I think its way over priced. I do not like those two-point trems. Later 3's had the floyd.
                    Last I checked, Floyds only had two points also. The 87 and 88 model years had the worse JT-6. I prefer the 86 Model due to the Kahlers.

Don't fear the Fulcrum it is a fine trem. Just not a double locking trem. I have had my 86 Model 3A since around 1990. I wouldn't trade it for anything. At one time it was my main guitar.

The one your looking at is a little over priced, but really clean white Charvels that are starting to yellow bring in a little more than the other colors. Remember, it is a Model series buy it because you like it, not for an investment.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkicker View Post
                      Last I checked, Floyds only had two points also. The 87 and 88 model years had the worse JT-6. I prefer the 86 Model due to the Kahlers.

Don't fear the Fulcrum it is a fine trem. Just not a double locking trem. I have had my 86 Model 3A since around 1990. I wouldn't trade it for anything. At one time it was my main guitar.

The one your looking at is a little over priced, but really clean white Charvels that are starting to yellow bring in a little more than the other colors. Remember, it is a Model series buy it because you like it, not for an investment.
                      Thanks for your views on the price and such..I'll try to bring the price down a bit, because I think it's a bit pricey too..And I'm sorta looking for a model 4, 5 or 6

Comment

Originally posted by mudkicker View Post

Thanks for your views on the price and such..I'll try to bring the price down a bit, because I think it's a bit pricey too..And I'm sorta looking for a model 4, 5 or 6!

Comment

Working...
                        X