No announcement yet.

Modded Model 3 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for a decal for a model series Charvel. Nothing says fake more than a new Charvel logo on a 1987 Model 2. I'd rather have a blank headstock than that.

Someone here had a source for the import Model Series era decals.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Very cool. What's the story on the neck? It looks like the 12th fret dots are closely spaced like they should be. Do they do that? What about the neck pocket fit?
      Yes, Warmoth does their dots like that. The neck heel on Warmoth necks is 2 3/16", and the pcket is 2 1/4". That equates to a 1/32" gap on the side of the pocket.....barely noticeable and has never been an issue to me. You can shim them if you're real picky, but if the neck is bolted on tight I've never had one move.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
        I was looking for a decal for a model series Charvel. Nothing says fake more than a new Charvel logo on a 1987 Model 2. I'd rather have a blank headstock than that.

Someone here had a source for the import Model Series era decals.
        Yeah, but when a guitar has been modded as extensively as this one who cares about a "proper" logo. Hell, after all, the neck IS made in USA right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
          That neck cost more than the whole guitar but it looks damn sweet Mark. Where do you get those Charvel logo's? I've wanted to refinish a few old Charvels but only found Jackson logos.

Is that a Warmoth 1-ply pickguard?

Also if this is a 1986 then the Floyd/JT-6 was also added.
          It's a Schaller, and yes it was changed from the original Kahler fulcrum. The guard is a Budman special.

Comment

hey awsome guitar!

Comment

Wow since when has Dave started making pickguards? I need 1 for an Ibanez Roadstar and to convert my Model 1A to a single hum or hum/single.

Comment

Working...
              X