Another offer..Should I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another offer..Should I?

So, after trying to get hold of Charvels, and the Model 3 A I mentioned earlier getting sold - I got a mail about this Looks ok to me, but is this the kahler fulcrum trem? Is it changeable for a FR, or is it good enough as it is?

The seller is asking 305 $ including a gig-bag..I haven't seen many model 2's here in Norway, so I figure I should go for it...

What are peoples views on the model 2?

Thanks in advance!!

(Hopefully the link works

My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Yes, that's the Kahler Fulcrum trem. Not interchangeable with a floyd due to the post spacing. Kahler made a double-locking trem called the Killer (2710) which will fit, but they are no longer being made.

They show up on eBay occasionally, and are supposed to be excellent. I wouldn't pass on that guitar just because of the trem. Model 2s are great!
    Last edited by dg; 10-24-2006, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Kahler Killers can be found on ebay. It's an awesome trem with lot's of steel, and a lot easier to load than a Floyd.

Can't comment on prices in Norway, but in the states this would be a $200 or less guitar due to the fact of the Kahler. People like a locking nut and bridge that you get with a JT590 installed, like on my Fusion Deluxe (or on newer Model 2's?).

Comment

That looks to be a fairly clean model 2. Are you a heavy wammy user? If not then that trem should be fine. Just make sure its mounted correctly on the edges of the stud heads. Ive seen many that werent mounted correctly and worked terribly. In the states that would be on the high side but I cant say with the market for these in Norway. Maybe offer him less and see what happens? In any event that price is not terribly out of line, just a bit on the high side.

Comment

For being Europe, that's a good price IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            That looks to be a fairly clean model 2. Are you a heavy wammy user? If not then that trem should be fine. Just make sure its mounted correctly on the edges of the stud heads. Ive seen many that werent mounted correctly and worked terribly. In the states that would be on the high side but I cant say with the market for these in Norway. Maybe offer him less and see what happens? In any event that price is not terribly out of line, just a bit on the high side.
            Well, I am known to whammy quite a bit - but if the model 2 sounds good, then I'm sure I can tone my whammying down

Comment

That's a great price for europe imo! I've never played a model 2 but heard enough about it
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

FWIW - having a weird / irreplaceable trem would be a big reason for me not buying a guitar.

Stuff breaks. Old stuff breaks a lot. When a saddle cracks on that thing (or whatever) then what will you do?

Comment

They're not really that hard to come by on eBay, and parts can be found for discontinued models like the Fulcrum or Killer here:

Comment

To tusen spenn? Kjør løp, jeg har tre M2'er og de ruler...

Comment

Prices are going up it seems, even on the M2's. Also, since Morten is in Norway, he'd have to factor in $100+ in airmail shipping and tax...

Comment

I have a Blue Model 2 and I love it!. It has gone from newly purchased to being my favorite guitar. Mine has the Floyd trem, so I can't comment on that but the guitar itself is awesome. Feels rock solid when playing it. I can't say enough about it. I paid $305 US for it in mint condition with the original "chansaw" case. I think I got a good deal for it and I think the deal for your white one sounds pretty good. I say go for it, you'll never regret it!

Hope this helps.

PS: mine sounded good with the stock pickup, but I still replaced it with an EMG 81 and it screams now!
                        Guitars:
                        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                        1988 Model 2,
                        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                        RR3
                        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                        2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by shredder69 View Post
                          To tusen spenn? Kjør løp, jeg har tre M2'er og de ruler...

Men har du den med fulcrum-trem'en?

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                            I have a Blue Model 2 and I love it!. It has gone from newly purchased to being my favorite guitar. Mine has the Floyd trem, so I can't comment on that but the guitar itself is awesome. Feels rock solid when playing it. I can't say enough about it. I paid $305 US for it in mint condition with the original "chansaw" case. I think I got a good deal for it and I think the deal for your white one sounds pretty good. I say go for it, you'll never regret it!

Hope this helps.

PS: mine sounded good with the stock pickup, but I still replaced it with an EMG 81 and it screams now!
                            But did you try the stock pickup without the plastic Jackson-cover? Some say they sound even better then? I remember doing that on my 375 de luxe looong time ago - but I've forgotten how it sounded without..

Comment

I never noticed any difference with or without the pickup covers on mine. Since the cover is plastic and the pickup is electromagnetic, it shouldn't affect the tone (in theory). The only other difference I can think of right now, is that you can get the pole pieces of the non-covered pickup closer to the strings by a 16th of an inch or so - however, generally that's not an ideal thing to do with passive pups.

Comment

Working...
                              X