Another offer..Should I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
    Hehe, jeg hadde en Charvel lagd i Japan, men jeg byttet den og en annen gitar jeg hadde mot en Guitar Workshop strat (H/S/S oppsett). Super gitar laget her i lille Norge Hvis ting går etter planen er det kanskje denne jeg skal bytte mot Jackson-gitaren. Selger virket interessert, men time will show
    So what kind of MIJ-Charvel did you have? I'm just curious to know if there is some Charvels floating around here up north
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      I'd say that's a good price in your area, very good considering the condition.

When you get it, make sure all the rollers are moving freely. If the bridge seems dirty you might clean and lube it. It needs oiling every 3 months on the moving parts and if it's been maintained like that up til now, it should last indefinitely. Also, as has been said, you can get those trems on Ebay, and partial ones sold as parts trems are very cheap.

If the pivots and knife edges are in good shape, and you keep it maintained, you shouldn't have many problems. The behind-the-nut locking clamps are a weak point, eventually the strings wear a groove into the frame or the clamp and then you might retrofit it with a Floyd-type locknut.

As for those who think that it's so horrible that it has the Floyd nut spacing, a decent tech can plug the old pivot holes and drill new ones to mount a Floyd. It's not some abnormally difficult job, you just have to pay if you want it done. For people here in the States where Model 2s are plentiful and cheap, that would not be worthwhile, as a Model 2 with the JT-6 Floyd will come along soon. In Norway, probably not likely.

Also, a lot of American JCFers are not realizing this, but the Model Series guitars are going up in price lately. You'd look around for awhile to find a white Model 2 for $200 or less, even the ones with the Kahler fulcrum trem.
      That is more a scenario from 2-3 years ago than today. People here still think a Model 6 is a $350 guitar when they go for $600 or more as often as not now. Yeah, you'll see one go for $400 once in awhile, but the prices are rising. To get 'em cheap anymore you have to wait awhile to get lucky.
      Thank you for your views and great info!

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
        So what kind of MIJ-Charvel did you have? I'm just curious to know if there is some Charvels floating around here up north
        This is the one I had. It should still be hanging at the guitarshop (Tre45 forresten) after I traded it in. If you're curious I'll ask them for a good price hehe

Last edited by Guitardude86; 10-26-2006, 07:45 AM. Reason: Qurious? Nope... Curious! I think? hehe
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
          This is the one I had. It should still be hanging at the guitarshop (Tre45 forresten) after I traded it in. If you're curious I'll ask them for a good price hehe

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...6/Utennavn.jpg
          Aha! En Journeyman, ikke sant? Takker for tilbudet, men det er ikke akkurat det jeg er ute etter Men det er en fet gitar til den prisen..Du prøvde å selge den ganske lenge, sant?

Har de noe annet fete Charvels på tre45 da?

Comment

Jeg prøvde ikke å selge den lenge men jeg vet at den/de som hadde den før meg (tror to har hatt den før meg) har prøvd å selge den lenge og ved flere anledninger.. Endte med at jeg fikk den for noe under 4000kr inkludert frakt.. Kunne sikkert gått lavere, men pytt sann, der og da var jeg ikke i stand til å finne noe billigere Charvel. De har eksakt samme modell ubrukt på tre45 og den går for 10500. Ellers har de tatt inn mye Charvel i det siste, men det er snakk om ubrukte gitarer. Godt utvalg har de fått dog!

Comment

Hodet dreper de gitarene der.. hadde en PC3-modell med slik headstock og jeg fikk helt noia etterhvert. Strathead eller pointy for meg takk... (liten detalj, men viktig...)

Comment

Originally posted by shredder69 View Post
                Hodet dreper de gitarene der.. hadde en PC3-modell med slik headstock og jeg fikk helt noia etterhvert. Strathead eller pointy for meg takk... (liten detalj, men viktig...)
                Hvis du mente min tidligere Charvel så har den strathead, det synes bare ikke på bildet. Og er enig med deg i at den detaljen er viktig

Comment

Working...
                X