Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Charvel Model 1?

Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy a Charvel guitar, but I'm not sure which is the model and how much should I pay for the guitar.

Here are some photos :

The guitar:

The Wilkinson bridge (non stock):

The headstock (which has been sawed):

The neck plate:

The guitar is also fitted with Sperzel locking tuners and a Seymour Duncan '59 pickup.

Everything looks good, except the junction of the fretboard with the neck near the headstock.
    Have a look:

Are 100EUR a fair value?

Yep, Model 1.

Fair value, you ask.... The head stock kills it for me, sorry. But if it doesn't bother you, you decide if 100EUR is a fair value.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

If you can live with the unfortunate re-shaping of the headstock, 100EUR is a pretty awesome price. It's been heavily modded, but the trem & tuners are actually an upgrade, imo. The fretboard issue is probably not that bad, and it most likely plays great. If it were me, I'd grumble about the headstock, but probably grab it at that price.

Comment

That may be an early model 2 body.I can't see if there once was a vintage trem seeing how the trem is in the way.
        The headstock blasphemy kill it for me.The neck IS a model 1.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for you replies.
          I'll probably keep the guitar for that price.
          I agree that the re-shape of the headstock should not be performed. It would looked better if it was still pointy. But it doesn't bother me.
          Is it possible to find when was the guitar produced, using the serial number?

Comment

Those were made from 86-88.

Comment

Its a complete parts guitar, I think.

Notice the headstock logo has the later 87-88 "Registered Trademark" symbol after the logo.

The neckplate is a 1986, with the TM symbol after the logo.

Comment

I think that neck was on a model 2 mutt in Louisville Ky.(MGR store).
                I remember the fingerboard thing because you just don't see that on a model neck too often.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  I think that neck was on a model 2 mutt in Louisville Ky.(MGR store).
                  I remember the fingerboard thing because you just don't see that on a model neck too often.
                  Are you saying the neck of this guitar was on a shop in Louisville?
                  This guitar is in Portugal for more than 10 years, because the former owner moved to USA around that time.
                  Maybe he traveled before to USA and brought the guitar/neck to Portugal.

Comment

what did he do to the headstock!!!!

HERESY!!

but i'd probably grab it too :P
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
                    X