I need a 24 fret rosewood strathead neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a 24 fret rosewood strathead neck

I've got a recent Japanese charvel (Journeyman? type) with a maple 24 fret neck and the slightly "not right" headstock and I wanna replace it with a rosewood next with a strat headstock.

What should I be measuring heel wise? (or anything else I should be aware of?)

Apart from Warmoth any ideas where I can get one reasonable cheap?

Pics available.

thanks
    tim

Measure the width of the heel. I'm not familiar with the newer imports, but it'll most likely be 2 1/4" or 2 3/16". Once you know that, you'll know what your options are. If it's 2 3/16" which is the Fender standard, there are tons of strat replacement necks in a wide range of prices. 2 1/4" will be harder to find, but Musikraft & USA Custom do them. They aren't cheap, but are fairly priced for the quality. They pop up on eBay for good prices sometimes.

Comment

I think its the 24 fret element I'm finding difficult to find, with a strathead.

Comment

This is the only 24fret fender neck I know of. its a squier and its reverse headstock, which is ugly! It says showmaster but I think its a stagemaster. Those are the 2 names you should look for, but many of them are neckthru's. I like that headstock myself. There was a thread where it talked about cutting the new one and it could almost be shaped like a strat.

Comment

Timstar, do you wanna get rid of that 24 fret maple neck with the "not right" headstock?
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Sorry, I pulled a brainfart earlier about the need for 24 frets. You can custom order a 24 fret strathead neck with or without fretboard extension from Musikraft with either heel width. Here's the order page:

You're very unlikely to find a used one for sale, though, so finding a cheap one probably won't happen.

Comment

Ebay has the 24 fret squire necks from time to time. Also, Musikraft will list one every now and then as well. Rare, but they do them.

Comment

Warmoth doesn't make a compatable neck. Their 24 fret neck is just a 22 fret neck with a fingerboard extension. And I'm pretty sure the heel width is 2-1/4" on the Journeyman. You can go with MusiKraft though. They offer a real 24 fret neck and a 2-1/4" heel.

Comment

decided to sell it instead

Comment

Working...
                  X