Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which models came in "metallic blue"? the 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which models came in "metallic blue"? the 3?

I have a metallic blue body (no neck)

S-S-H Pickups (marked jackson)
    5 blade switch, 1 vol, 1 tone
    6 screw strat style tremolo (non-floyd, non kahler, non wilkinson)

edit: all black hardware

Only other models I've seen sporting the 6 screw tremolo is the 1C and a few white 3 bodies.
    Last edited by thez0r; 11-02-2006, 03:06 PM.

I believe the 3s did come in metallic blue.

Comment

That sounds like it has to be a 1C body (if it is a Charvel & not some other guitar w/ Jackson pickups added) by virtue of the trem. The Model 1 was the only Model Series guitar to have a 6-screw v-trem.
      Last edited by dg; 11-02-2006, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I saw just a few time ago a model 6 that color on a second-hand-trading-site
        Last edited by Fix_Metal; 11-03-2006, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          That sounds like it has to be a 1C body (if it is a Charvel & not some other guitar w/ Jackson pickups added) by virtue of the trem. The Model 1 was the only Model Series guitar to have a 6-screw v-trem.

I think some san dimas models had the 6 screw trem. I've seen some people claiming to be selling model 3 bodies on ebay with 6 screw trems too. So long as they aren't 2 point fulcrums it may be plausible?

As far as I know Jackson never made bodies with a 6 screw trem like that but G image search revealed this thing

Not sure if thats a fake or not they are calling it a ps-2. I didn't think the ps-1, ps-2 performer series ever came with that 6 screw trem except for the super cheap ones with a strat style pick gaurd and electronics cavity (ie, ps-7 or a charvette).

Comment

some of the ps and js model I believe came with that trem and no pickguard. I had a ps2 with a floyd but I have seem them with the 6 screw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              some of the ps and js model I believe came with that trem and no pickguard. I had a ps2 with a floyd but I have seem them with the 6 screw.

Found a few more pics of PS-2's with the 6 screw trem. Wish I could make out the bridge/spec's scan from the performer import catalog up on audiozone.dk.

JS series (js1 & js20) is definately a 2 point fulcrum and not a 6 screw.

Comment

I think it has to be a 94-95 ps1 or ps2. I had a ps1 when they first came out, but it was 2 humbuckers and a 3way blade switch, no pickguard and reverse headstock. the ps2 may have been the HSS config. The pups sucked and the necks were hit and miss on whether or not they were glued properly. They maynot have ever been listed in a catalog.

Comment

Not sure what you are specifically asking about in this thread, but I can say with certainty that there were no Model 3s with 6 screw trems. The guy on eBay is wrong, which isn't exactly shocking news. The Model 3 had a Kahler Fulcrum 2-point trem in '86, then the JT-6 licensed floyd in '87 & '88. If it is a full-sized strat body (not a dinky) with a 6 screw trem and has Jackson-logoed pickups in the HSS config, it is most likely a Model 1C. Post some pics of the front & back & it won't be hard to make a positive ID.

Comment

My Model 5 is a dark metalic blue. It has a USA Kahler tremelo. I bought it new in 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      My Model 5 is a dark metalic blue. It has a USA Kahler tremelo. I bought it new in 1986.
                      but the model 5 is also neck thru. The guitar in question is just the complete boody with no neck.
                      Like stated above if its a full strat body its a model 1C Thats the only model series with a vtrem. Is there any stamp or wrighting in the neck cavity that might signify the model? If its a dinky body it could be anynumber of things including some Jacksons like the PS1 or the JS1 etc....
                      Pics would speak volumes.
                      Gil

Comment

does it look like this?

That is my 1988 Model 1C. That color came on all models. I have a model 2 and model 4m in the same color blue. I believe it was available in 87 and 88. i want to say it was called electric blue. the dark blue on the model 5 was i believe cobalt blue, which looks black at certain angles.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkicker View Post
                          does it look like this?

That is my 1988 Model 1C. That color came on all models. I have a model 2 and model 4m in the same color blue. I believe it was available in 87 and 88. i want to say it was called electric blue. the dark blue on the model 5 was i believe cobalt blue, which looks black at certain angles.

Thanks a lot for the pic!

Body configuration is almost the same but the blue is off. I think the charvel's were "cobalt blue" while my body is "midnight blue" (much much darker). Just found out the electronics cavity is also different than the model 1's and I have a different style stock Jackson humbucker in the bridge so I'm 99% sure I have a PS-2 body.

Will definately be picking up a Model 1 or 1C now.

Comment

Cobalt blue is lighter. Think DKMG

Comment

Model 4's from 86 were available cobalt blue. It's got a bit oif a sparkle below the surface.

I need to try to fix a big chip in mine

Comment

Working...
                              X