Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

I have a charvel that I cant seem to find anywhere else. It looks exactly like a fat strat, S-S-H, red w/ white pickgaurd, 22 fret rosewood, vintage style tremolo bridge, strat style headstock. No model name on it anywhere. Sorry I dont have pics it is currently at my parents house.

Yes, what's your question, sir?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What model is my guitar

Comment

You need to answer these questions:

Is it exactly like a strat headstock, or sorta like it?

Does it have a Charvel logo on the headstock? Is it the guitar-shaped logo? If so, does that little guitar in the logo have a 3 + 3 headstock or a 6-in-line headstock with "By Jackson/Charvel" under it?

Does it have a blank neckplate, or one that says "Charvel" on it? If it says "Charvel", does the neckplate have an address on it? If yes, is the address Ft. Worth, TX or San Dimas, CA?

The answers will help us tell whether you have a USA Charvel, an import, a Japanese-market guitar, or maybe an import with a swapped neck.

Comment

The headstock is the kinda strat looking one. The Charvel logo is in the guitar shape, I cant remember the neckplate but, I want to say it didnt have anything on it.

Comment

Im thinking its probably a cheapo 90's import with the pc-1 looking headstock. Vintage trem could be a Journeyman but I didnt think they came with Hss and pickguards. I dont know the exact model number of that guitar. Can you find one that looks just like it on ebay or the internet?

Comment

Unless you come up with a picture go through the catalogs. besides the 2002 charvels the late 80's or early 90's is the only time where there was non pointy import charvels.

Comment

and kick a donation to the guy that put up that website
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That may be a CX290 (i think thats the correct number for it; I know I saw a CX291 not to lnog ago, and its like my 391 except it had a vintage trem. Also the 390 was the H-S-S version the the 391, so we can awesome 3 meant it had a licensed floyd and the 0 meant H-S-S). Though it should say that on the headstock...

Comment

Working...
                  X