Need Some ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some ID Help

I'm looking at this oen Charvel at a local shop for $350. Now sorry I didn't remember to get the seriel #, but Ill try to describe as best as I can until I can get the number tomorrow.

1 Charvel Humbucker and 1 Charvel Single Coil
    Licensed Floyd Rose Trem
    22 Fret neck w/ rose wood fret board and dot inlays
    Standard Jackson head
    White
    No pickguard

Other notes: Bridge pickup mounted at an angle. Good, fast playing neck. 3 way blade pick up switch. The Dallas/Fort Worth address on the neck plate (yes I know thats not where it was made :P). I believe it has 1 tone pot and 1 volume pot. I know that info is vague, but if anyone has any ideas about it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Slight edit: Sligght detail fixed. I couldn't get the serial number though as someone else was playing it for their guitar lesson.
    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM.

Don't worry about the serial#. It's of no use at all for ID, and the code (if there is any) for using them for dating bolt-ons hasn't been figured out by anyone here yet. The only guitar I can think of that comes close to your description is the later 275 model, but that didn't have a tone knob and the slanted "hum" in the bridge was actually 2 stacked hums side-by-side:

The earlier version had a slanted single in the neck, but the hum in the bridge wasn't slanted and they would've probably been Jackson-logoed pickups. Here's a scan anyway:

If it is a 275, $350 is a little high, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      the serial#. It's of no use at all for ID, and the code (if there is any) for using them for dating bolt-ons hasn't been figured out by anyone here yet.
      Au contraire mon frere
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know you've been able to help people date Jackson imports, but I still haven't seen anyone do it with Charvels. If you know the secret, please spill it.

Comment

a while ago, we all provided serials & details of our import Charvels so that we could get a general range using the year-specific specs of the guitars. It's not infallible, but it does get you in the ballpark. If you have a serial, you can see where it lies amongst the ranges that were determined for each year.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Didn't someone (Newc?) put a list together of Import Charvies where members had provided the data? A spread sheet possibly.. I have a copy on my hard disk, but it may be an ooold version. Is that what you are referring to, Gary?
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

May bad on the toen and volume knob. Just a volume. Guess when you look at doezens of guitars details tend to run together :P It is the 275. thanks. Now my next question: What would a better price be?

Comment

I personally wouldn't want to spend over $250ish for the later 275, because I'd have to replace the single-locking trem with a JT-590 or Schaller, and I'd also have to mod the bridge pickup route & put a good humbucker in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  Didn't someone (Newc?) put a list together of Import Charvies where members had provided the data? A spread sheet possibly.. I have a copy on my hard disk, but it may be an ooold version. Is that what you are referring to, Gary?
                  that could be it, Henrik. I haven't seen it in a long time. IIRC we were just collecting the info in a thread when Newc decided to put it into a database
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X