No announcement yet.

Another Model 2 (not a newbie here tho)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Model 2 (not a newbie here tho)

Is there an after market locking nut for my model 2? Original ones are kind of scarce.

I would say the standard Kahler after the nut stringlock. Almost identical to the 1986 version, 87 there's a difference in the lock down screws.

Comment

What bridge does your Model 2 have? If it has a Kahler, it uses a Kahler string lock. If it has a floyd licensed trem, it used the JT6 string lock which aren't interchangable.
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It's a JT6 trem. I'd like to go with a correct one but if I can't find one (locknut).................I was wondering if there was a direct replacement. I wonder if a R3 FR locknut would work if I shimed it up to the proper height. (just till I can find the correct one)

bob

Comment

FR nut wont work unless you remove the graphite nut then there will have to be mods made to make the FR nut work going back to the standard nut will not be possible.Keep looking for an original string lock you will find one.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by SGplayer View Post
            I would say the standard Kahler after the nut stringlock. Almost identical to the 1986 version, 87 there's a difference in the lock down screws.
            One of these?

http://www.kahlerparts.com/Other_Pages/Stringlocks.htm

Have you ever seen the second one? Do you know if it will fit the existing mounting holes? It looks cool. Like an old Edwards nut.

Comment

Working...
            X