pup for my model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pup for my model 4

Been trying to decide what to put in it.. Tossed in a Gibson 500t I had laying around.. Crunch heaven!! Man this beast screams...

EMG 81, SA, SA - best pickups I've heard in my Model 4.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I like the Duncan Distortion trembucker in my Model 4 a lot. After that, give it a real Floyd and stand back!

Comment

Atilla,
        You have the Distortion in trembucker spacing or the actual PTB2? I was going to go with the PATB2 and still might when I get some cash again.
        you like it?? Chunky lows?
        I dont like the distortion model as it is too middy for me.
        Thanks for any info you can give.

Grand turk, Ill do actives in one of my babies eventually. Im afraid to make that jump.. haha

Comment

I'd go with the Duncan Distortion myself.

Comment

I have a distortion in my kramer focus 1000. I like it but dont like it enough to need another guitar with one. Its more mid focused than I like..

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship with my model 4... Tried a Dimarzio Tone Zone... Switched to a Duncan JB... Still not happy... It's like the guitar always sound flat... A bit lifeless with not enough sustain...
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                Atilla,
                You have the Distortion in trembucker spacing or the actual PTB2? I was going to go with the PATB2 and still might when I get some cash again.
                you like it?? Chunky lows?
                I dont like the distortion model as it is too middy for me.
                Thanks for any info you can give.

Grand turk, Ill do actives in one of my babies eventually. Im afraid to make that jump.. haha
                Sorry for the delay in responding...yes, it's trembucker spacing. The lows are relatively chunking. They'd be moreso if I was using a differnet amp, but my Univalve is very midrangey. Still, when I palm-mute, you can tell the Distortion means business.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Don't fear the actives. EMG pickups sound great. I've got a 81/SA/SA set in mine and it completely rips.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                  X