Kahler Standard help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Standard help

I'm an OFR guy... so bare with me here...

I've got a model 5, with 9s on it... but I want more string tension, so if I were to put on 10s... wouldn't I need to adjust the springs or something? If so, how would I go about doing that? You can't add springs can you?

I had a similar query when I got my kahlered guitar as I also only had floyds, but they are actually really cool. Have a look at this link

To be honest, it's a lot less hassle than a floyd! Only thing was I had to buy a set of allen keys

Comment

You can't adjust the spring tension as far as I know. You will have to adjust the truse rod and intonations though.

Comment

you can easily adjust the spring tension. there is an allen wrench adjustment on the top of the thing right next to where you screw in the whammy bar.

also, the springs for the bass tremolos work on the guitar as well but are much stiffer. i've done that on most of my kahlers.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          you can easily adjust the spring tension. there is an allen wrench adjustment on the top of the thing right next to where you screw in the whammy bar.
          This is incorrect, the screw next to the bar input is for the friction tension on the bar, not string tension. The string tension screw is between the "D" and "G" strings-
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

close enough. if he clicks on the link provided above there is a pointer to "main spring tension".
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Just didn't want him cranking down on the friction bushing and destroying it as can be done..........
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Awesome... questions answered! Thanks

Comment

After working on a few kahlers I really came to like them. Easier than a floyd to work on, stay in tune great also. The guitar body gets to keep it's wood for tone and sustain, unfortunatley the rollers pretty much lose sustain that was gained by the body mass. I still like them better than Floyds.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    unfortunatley the rollers pretty much lose sustain that was gained by the body mass.
                    I love how this myth is perpetuated.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I'm just going by the Kahler sustain rating chart.

Whammy Parts sells current and vintage guitar parts.

Comment

Ok, I thought you were referring to the infamous Dave Mustaine quote...
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                        X