Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ID'ing reverse strathead and seeking previous owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID'ing reverse strathead and seeking previous owner?

Recently purchased a Charvel at a pawn shop in the DC area. It's Japanese but I was wondering if any of you knows the model and a rough value. Also, I was quite shocked to find it in the gallery on this site! The owner was not listed on the gallery page, but I'd be interested to talk to you if you see this post.

Pics:

Gallery pic:

Thanks very much for any info.

It's a Japan market only guitar. The Japanese J/C fan site has it listed as an IKEBE CUSTOM CHARVEL HDK-125NB. I bet the "NB" stands for Nuno B.

Translated page:

Last edited by dg; 11-29-2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I remember the guitar being talked about,but I don't remember who owned it.......
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

There was a really old thread that I can't find with the search, and this one with a little bit of info. Hatemask says he had one at one time, but I don't think it's the one in the gallery.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. I think I found another thread about what I think is the same guitar selling on Ebay for $600 or $650. By the way, when I was talking about the guitar that's in the gallery, I meant that the one I have is THE guitar - same serial number and all. Just realized I didn't make that clear but I think you guys figured it out.

Comment

I remember that, but don't remember who owned it. Very cool axe...kind of a Charvel verson of the N2.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I was the original owner....

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
              I remember that, but don't remember who owned it. Very cool axe...kind of a Charvel verson of the N2.
              Hey All -
              I was wondering where my old guitar went! I am the original (US) owner of this one. I was in Tokyo back in 2000 and found it at the Big Boss guitar store in Idabashi. The guys there didn't know much about it, other than that it was certainly a Japan market Charvel. The neck plate, body shape, and hardware were consistent with other stratheads I saw in Tokyo. It's definitely legit. I bought it for $250 with case. I also bought a strathead ESP with a single piece solid flamed maple body that made a killing on eBay too. (I should have picked up a few more strathead Charvels and ESPs while I was there --- they were quite common at the time.) It was cool looking guitar but I grew tired of it, so I figured I'd eBay it to see what happen. Sold it for $950 at auction -- I wasn't expecting anything close to that price, really. I saw the buyer eBaying it a few times several months later, but I don't believe it actually sold. Looks like it's had a few owners since then.
              Last edited by zarl; 12-01-2006, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Cool, man. Looks like I paid more than you without case, but it has had the EMGs added since you bought it. Appreciate the history on it, it's certainly not a common guitar here in the US. I was actually thinking about putting it on Ebay again myself, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                X