Model 1A (?) Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1A (?) Question

Let me apologize in advance for the newbie questions...I know Fenders very well but, am not up to speed (yet) on Charvels. I recently blew the dust of my first electric, a Charvel Model 1A (I believe) that I bought new in 1987. I had not played this guitar in probably 10 years and I had forgotten how well this guitar played and how nice the neck was. Can someone confirm that this is a 1A?...

Here are the specs I can provide: Red strat style body. Black pickguard with volume and 2 tone controls and 3 Jackson single coils. Vintage style fender 6 screw bridge. Maple neck with what appear to be jumbo frets. Pointy headstock painted black with "Charvel" in white. The neckplate is black with no gasket.

2nd Question: Can anyone tell me the fretboard radius on this neck?

Thanks for the help.

welcome-

Yes, it's a Model 1A but the neckplate should say "Charvel Fort Worth Tx." but they're actually made in Japan. Great guitars and the radius should be a 12-16 compound radius.
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave...Thanks much. Your correct regarding the neckplate. The neck radius felt different but, I had no idea it was that large. Quite a difference from the 7.5 radius I have been used to.

Comment

does it look like this??

cool axe..MINT here...

Comment

Working...
        X