I finally got one!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got one!!!

So I've been on a three weeks vacation in eastern Thailand and enjoying the sea and sun..I went to Bangkok the last week of the vac and tried to find some guitarshops to look for some good deals. I walked in to this secondhand store that actually had a Charvel I wasn't expecting it, so I was quite amazed, and actually ended up buying it, and it sounds quite good actually..

I guess it does need some shielding or some work on the ground, because it squeals like a pig when I turn it up, hehe..

From what I found on the audiozone.dk site, I've actually bought a (ca.) 1986 model 3..It has a couple of dings, but nothing major...No fretwear..

The thing is, I can't seem to figure out what kind of kahler that's on mine...There is a over the nut string lock, rollers on the trem - but no fine tuners..

I will post pix as soon as possible - but I'm really happy to have salvaged a Charvel from the far east!
    Last edited by MortenP; 12-17-2006, 04:39 PM.
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Grattis!
    Post some pics allready
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Thanks man...I'll get some pics tonight...

And from looking on the kahlerparts page, it seems like I'm screwed, at least a little bit..I might be wrong, but it looks like a previous owner has removed the fine tuners on the Kahler, but I'm hoping to buy a Kahler killer instead..I'm hoping that somebody in here with a bit more knowledge on Kahlers can shed some light on the issue if the fine tuners are easy to remove

And oh...100 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
        And oh...100 posts!
        Great, now you can sell it to me legally through Classifieds!

Just kidding, congrats... finally
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          Great, now you can sell it to me legally through Classifieds!

Just kidding, congrats... finally
          Nah, I don't think I'm gonna sell it, it feels good to finally have found one
          But it feels really heavy!! I cant wait to get to start working on it!! And i found out from kahlerparts.com that my fulcrum is missing the fine tuners, but they are available...But I still think I should try to find a used 2710 Killer-system instead...

Thanks man!!

Comment

I picked up an NOS Model 5A in Bangkok back in '01 for not much money. Unfortunately they'd lost the case and the whammy bar, but that's about par for the course. Guitar stores were nigh on impossible to find when we visited Pattaya on the same holiday although I managed to find one with one or two iffy copies in it and a second hand store with a beat to hell Squier with an asking price of about US$300.
            Last edited by SteveK; 12-04-2006, 09:32 AM.
            Model 3
            Model 5A
            Model 3B
            Journeyman
            Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

If it's squealing the pickups might need a little dip!

Speaking of which, I hope that's the only little thing you brought back from Thailand with you .

Well done, now show us the pics.......of the guitar, not what you got up to in the fleshpots. Although....
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                If it's squealing the pickups might need a little dip!

Speaking of which, I hope that's the only little thing you brought back from Thailand with you .

Well done, now show us the pics.......of the guitar, not what you got up to in the fleshpots. Although....
                Hahaha, that's funny Actually, threre wasn't a single part of my body that I wanted to put in anything other than the sea or shower down there
                And I had my gf with me so...But I saw horrible examples of 60-70 year old white men holding hands with 16-17 year old thai girls..

The guitar is only sqealing on full volume..And it does on all five positions on the swithc..

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                  Thanks man...I'll get some pics tonight...
                  I think tonight's over?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    I think tonight's over?

"Oh, oh, the pressure!! I just can't take the pressure!"

Is tonight ok? Some of us work you know

Comment

Here's a 1986 Model 3 Mint..I have 2 of these this color...

Comment

That's an extremely cool Model 3 GTarman! Pearl White right? I'm getting the same exact model next Friday. Got it via a friend and I've been waiting for the guitar for ages now... or so it seems. Think it's worth the wait?

Comment

Nice fiddle. I had a 87 Model 3 with the JT6 trem. That looks like the Kahler trditional. I have a couple of those layin around here form ither projects ive done. Dont know if theyre still complete tho.
                          Gil

Comment

I love that vintage white color!!!

Comment

yeah ..worth the wait...good luck
                              Kahler Traditional, Both I have are identical, Kahler and all

Comment

Working...
                              X