I finally got one!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
    Nice fiddle. I had a 87 Model 3 with the JT6 trem. That looks like the Kahler trditional. I have a couple of those layin around here form ither projects ive done. Dont know if theyre still complete tho.
    Gil
    Interrested in selling them??
    Last edited by MortenP; 12-17-2006, 08:10 AM.
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Here!

Sorry: for being slow, for being a lousy photograper, for spreading the news about the model 3 w/o having pix, for having an ugly couch, for not having the finetuners for the Kahler and not least for buying a Charvel that's not mint!!

But hey - my gf likes me!

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
        But hey - my gf likes me!
        Dude, it's the Charvie, it's the Charvie... my ex-gf liked me too. So much, in fact, that she's now my wife.

The similarities don't end there though. Ugly couch, lousy pics, Model 3...

Here's the beef: http://samun.1g.fi/kuvat/charvel_model_3/

And what an absolutely lovely guitar it is.

Comment

Great guitar man! Nice find! Now all you need to do is get a new Kahler and get it set-up, and possibly clean it, and it'll be kickin' as in no time!
          My Main Rig:
          '87 Charvel Model 4A
          Peavey KB100 amp
          Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
          '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
          '05 Ibanez RG320FM
          '86 Ovation Pinnacle
          '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
          '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Originally posted by chvl_91 View Post
            Great guitar man! Nice find! Now all you need to do is get a new Kahler and get it set-up, and possibly clean it, and it'll be kickin' as in no time!
            Yeah, and you need too clean up too It'll be kicking as allright!

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
              Dude, it's the Charvie, it's the Charvie... my ex-gf liked me too. So much, in fact, that she's now my wife.

The similarities don't end there though. Ugly couch, lousy pics, Model 3...

Here's the beef: http://samun.1g.fi/kuvat/charvel_model_3/

And what an absolutely lovely guitar it is.
              So you're happy with the model 3 just the way it is, pickups, kahler and all?

Comment

that Kahler is called the Fulcrum. I have one on my 86 Model 2.

those model 3's are nice, gotta love those. I'd put a white pickguard on that black one, HS set up, new Kahler, and you're in business.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  that Kahler is called the Fulcrum. I have one on my 86 Model 2.

those model 3's are nice, gotta love those. I'd put a white pickguard on that black one, HS set up, new Kahler, and you're in business.
                  Yeah, that's the thing...I want to put a Kahler killer in there so that it'll hold up to some whammy-abuse, but they're kinda hard to come by..My plan is to chug a Duncan JB in the bridge, and keep the singles in there...Try to keep it as stock as possible, but still usable

Comment

Put a Dimebucker in it. Those things are screamers.
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

So you're happy with the model 3 just the way it is, pickups, kahler and all?
                      I've yet to find out why folks have such resentful feelings towards the Kahlers. Granted the one on the Models is a Fulcrum and not a "real" Kahler in terms of the construction, but it appears to be solid enough and the lack a metal nut seems to me like a good idea. The guitar stays in tune when using the whammy bar and won't mind heavy-handed palm muting either. Based on what I've seen here, I'd take the Fulcrum over a cheap FR copy anyday. But that's just me.

I do have a replacement Kahler Killer in the ranks but the way this guitar strikes me all original, I'm in no hurry to pop it in.

The pickups I'm not 100% on. I like the single coils a lot, they seem pretty stratty which for me is always a good thing. The bridge pickup could use some more oomph, but then again I've fooled around with pickups enough to know a switch doesn't necessarily do much for the tone.

Other than the hardware and the electronics, I think it's a great guitar. I have a Model series bass which I really dig and the new arrival really just strengthened my belief in the awesomeness of the Models. Some instruments you just fall in love with.

Comment

I thought I'd let you know I took some new pictures of my Model 3. (Sorry about the thread hijack.)

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this guitar!

Pictures here.

Comment

No worries friend, I don't consider that a hi-jack! It's always nice to see a guitar like ones own! Yours looks good!!

You wanna get rid of the Kahler you have lying around?
                          (I've already bought one, but it'd be nice to have a spare!)

Comment

Oh, a model 3.....I have two model 3's and one 3A - one of the model 3's and the model 3A are the "pearl white" and one is black - just like yours. You can see it posted on the www.cowtownguitars.com (this is not an ad - just a fact and a pic). Except mine has a "stacked" rhythm pup. I also have a model 2 (a model 1 with the rosewood fretboard) - also in the pearl white.....!

You should be able to purchase those "fine tuners" through the Kalhler site...I had to replace a bunch of mine....they are very cool as they only come in "brass" and it is a very nice touch !

Great guitar...great find.....Have fun - I love playing mine...beter than any fender strat to date ! ! ! !

Comment

You wanna get rid of the Kahler you have lying around? (I've already bought one, but it'd be nice to have a spare!)
                              You mean the Fulcrum or the Killer? I did pop the Killer in but I'd rather have the original too. The original Fulcrum has almost no wear at all at the pivot post contact points. Guess the previous owners weren't whammy bar users.

I like the Killer. Didn't notice a significant change in sound or usability but it looks cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by scaristei View Post
                                Great guitar...great find.....Have fun - I love playing mine...beter than any fender strat to date ! ! ! !
                                I recently got a 2005 Fender Highway 1 HSS Stratocaster in a trade and it really pales in comparison to the Model 3. The specs are different of course but just in terms of general playability and "feel", the Charvie is in a different league. IMHO, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X