No announcement yet.

I finally got one!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the Killer does look cooler than the Fulcrum. Did you have to modify the pickguard for the Killer to fit? I thought the baseplate of the Killer was a little wider than ther Fulcrum requiring widening of the trem cutout on the pickguard.

Got pics?.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
      Yeah the Killer does look cooler than the Fulcrum. Did you have to modify the pickguard for the Killer to fit? I thought the baseplate of the Killer was a little wider than ther Fulcrum requiring widening of the trem cutout on the pickguard.

Got pics?.
      I do now. Here. I hope I photographed right.

It doesn't seem to require any cutting of the pickguard. The baseplate doesn't really touch the 'guard at any point even if you dive all the way down.

As you can see from the pics the Killer is somewhat worn. The original Fulcrum as actually in better condition.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
        You mean the Fulcrum or the Killer? I did pop the Killer in but I'd rather have the original too. The original Fulcrum has almost no wear at all at the pivot post contact points. Guess the previous owners weren't whammy bar users.

I like the Killer. Didn't notice a significant change in sound or usability but it looks cooler.
        I was thinking about the killer, didn't understand untill now that you'd thrown it in...

But how's tuning stability on the Killer as opposed to the Fulcrum? And how do you tell that there's little wear on the pivot posts? I mean, how do they look when they're worn?(Yeah, I know - they look worn)
        My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by scaristei View Post
          Oh, a model 3.....I have two model 3's and one 3A - one of the model 3's and the model 3A are the "pearl white" and one is black - just like yours. You can see it posted on the www.cowtownguitars.com (this is not an ad - just a fact and a pic). Except mine has a "stacked" rhythm pup. I also have a model 2 (a model 1 with the rosewood fretboard) - also in the pearl white.....!

You should be able to purchase those "fine tuners" through the Kalhler site...I had to replace a bunch of mine....they are very cool as they only come in "brass" and it is a very nice touch !

Great guitar...great find.....Have fun - I love playing mine...beter than any fender strat to date ! ! ! !
          Yeah, I love the general feel of the model 3..And I'm not a big strat fan..What stacked humbucker did you put in yours?

And I know about the Kahler-site, but buying a used Killer was almost cheaper
          than replacing the fine tuners...
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
            But how's tuning stability on the Killer as opposed to the Fulcrum?
            I haven't noticed any difference really.

And how do you tell that there's little wear on the pivot posts? I mean, how do they look when they're worn?(Yeah, I know - they look worn)
            The pivot posts are somewhat worn and like you pointed out, they're worn if they're worn, but I was talking about the contacts on the bridge.

And actually... now that I think about it, the Killer I got must have been installed wrong at some point. Check out this pic. See how the bridge is worn on the edge above the pivot? The bridge has grooves that the pivot post edges go into so there shouldn't be wear where there evidently is wear. Anyone?

EDIT: And sorry about all the dirt on that Kahler.
            Last edited by ZZB; 01-01-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

And I know about the Kahler-site, but buying a used Killer was almost cheaper
              than replacing the fine tuners...
              I hear ya, I got mine cheaper than a new trem arm would have cost me... (it was missing when I got the guitar.)

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                I haven't noticed any difference really.

The pivot posts are somewhat worn and like you pointed out, they're worn if they're worn, but I was talking about the contacts on the bridge.

And actually... now that I think about it, the Killer I got must have been installed wrong at some point. Check out this pic. See how the bridge is worn on the edge above the pivot? The bridge has grooves that the pivot post edges go into so there shouldn't be wear where there evidently is wear. Anyone?

EDIT: And sorry about all the dirt on that Kahler.
                That is a fairly common thing to see with those kahler fulcrum type trems. I dont know how they get installed wrong, maybe during a string change? They fall off of the posts and people put them back wrong and then complain how much they suck and go out of tune. Thats where those wear marks come from.

Comment

Working...
                X