Help needed identifying toothpaste Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed identifying toothpaste Charvel

I am interested in finding out information on a possible deal...Toothpaste-logo Charvel, black, neck-thru, Schaller D-tuna tremolo, EMG pickups (H-S-S), 3-way switch, originally had tone and volume controls but the tone was removed and the hole temporarily plugged, locking nut. Very sweet player for $600.

I do not have photos yet, but information is very appreciated.

Hmm...are you positive it has a 3-way switch? How did that work with the H-S-S pickup config?
    Toothpaste + neck-through + H-S-S usually equals a 650XL, but it had a blade switch. Can you spot it in this page?

Btw, the D-tuna and the EMGs were never stock equipment on the import Charvels.

The price sounds a bit on the high side (?) for such a modded guitar, bit if it plays well...

Comment

Thank you for the information. I will get a definate on H-S-S and switch setup.

Do you know what years the "toothpaste" logo headstocks were produced? Was this type of logo put onto just MIJ axes or both MIJ and American guitars?

Comment

toothpaste logoed Charvels were produced in Japan from 89-91

although I believe they also did another run of imports with a down-sized toothpaste logo during the mid-90s
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X